Ice Cream Sucks

It's already been an hour working here and it's packed. Jeff is super lazy and I had to learn everything on my own. Jeff is pretty tall with short brown hair and dark brown eyes. He was wearing the apron we all had to wear with the shop's logo on it, dark blue jeans, a grey baseball tee and red converse. Also, not to mention I'm pretty sure my boss is shopping. Oh! And how lovely, now my parents and little brother are here. They walked up to me.

"Isn't there enough ice cream at home?" I asked.

"CC told us that you got the job and we wanted to see how you were doing." My dad smiled.

"I can see that you didn't screw up yet." It's almost like my mom wanted me to screw up.

"Can I help you?" I asked changing the subject on purpose. I don't need to hear my mom bitching. 

"Adam, what do you want buddy?" My dad smiled at Adam.

"Yeah! I want cookie and cream!" He smiled.

"Cone or cup?" I asked in the most miserable sounding voice ever.

"Cone!" Adam smiled.

"For you two?" I looked at my parents.

"Two vanilla cones." My mom didn't even asked my dad what he wanted.

She's pretty controlling, but I manage to sneak out all the time."

"Coming right up." I said and made the cones, "That will be 7.50."

"Pretty expensive." My mom muttered.

"Good." I smiled.

For once I can win a battle with her. She handed me the money and they left. My dad ran back in 'forgetting' his phone.

"Come back later and I'll give you a mint chocolate chip cone." I said.

"How will I get the money from your mother?" My dad looked at me.

"She already paid for it." I smirked.

My dad smiled and left. Jeff finally got up.

"Your mom is pretty controlling." He smiled.

"Yeah, in high school she was the head cheerleader." I rolled my eyes.

"I kind of figured. How about your dad? He seems quiet." Jeff asked.

"He was always the nerd. My mom said that she was different and hated the jock. Still don't know why my dad's with her." I replied.

He looked at me, "Head cheerleader hating the jock? There's a twist in the chick flick."

"Yeah, I know." I said.

The shop is empty.

Jeff looked at the clock, "You wanna lock up now?"

"But it's 2 hours before we close." I said.

"No manger here to boss us around." He shrugged.

I smiled, "I think I'm going to like working here."

Ice cream might suck, but getting to leave early is pretty good. Also, didn't forget about my dad, I'll come back around 9 pm and make sure he gets his ice cream. We locked up and went our separate ways. I had 2 hours to kill before coming back to the shop. So, what to do? I called up my friends and we met on the boardwalk. Just doing our normal mischief. I noticed that CC had no signs of remembering that kiss and that really made me upset. Because that kiss was perfect. 

"Hey! Loser! You paying attention?" Sadie asked with a big smile.

She's literally the most annoying person ever, "What?"

"Beach or arcade?" 

"Arcade, always better than the beach."

"Agree!" She replied.

"Woah! Sadie and Lanny liking the same thing? What is this black magic?" Ash questioned making fun of us. 

I rolled my eyes and we all went to the arcade. After a while, I noticed what time it was and knew I had to get back to the shop before my dad getting there. I booked it and when I got there, I noticed Sadie was with me. I seemed shocked. 

"Why'd you follow me?"

"You grabbed my hand and pulled." She smiled with a little laugh.

"Why?"

She shrugged, "You seemed to be in a hurry, I didn't question it."

"Well, you should go back to the arcade." I said walking back into the shop and turning on the light. 

"Unless you don't mind me staying." She suggest.

"Oh yeah, I do actually. So, you should go back to the arcade." I stated.

She just had a perky smile on her face and left. I waited about 5 minutes until my dad showed up. He sat down in one of the chairs and I got us both some ice cream. 

"One day we're gonna be sharing a beer." I said.

"Well, your mother is turning me into an alcoholic, so that might be sooner than you think."

"Leave her, dad."

He shook his head, "No, it's not worth it."

"Why not? I could move in with you and quit this stupid job."

"It's a long story, you'll understand when you're older." He added.

"No, I'm old enough to see this isn't what love should be like."

"What should it be like?"

"The girl of your dreams kissing you and then blacking out, not remembering it at all." 

"Wow, your life is way better than mine."

"I have to lock up, I'm not going to be home until who knows when," I rolled my eyes, "But take my advice for once, leave that bitch."

"Hey, that's still your mom." 

I shrugged, "She's not here."

I locked up and left. I'm probably giving the world's worse advice, who knows that thing that my parents are doing might actually be true love. But who wants to be with a controlling she witch? I honestly hope the worse for her. I hate her more than I hate Sadie. The only reason why this job is nice is because I get to stay away from my mom for hours throughout the day. So, yeah, until my dad gets a divorce, I'm stuck with a stupid job.