Sharp

7:30 a.m. huh? Never knew there was one. I guess that says something about me. Slacker? Definitely.I got changed into a simple outfit of black jeans, a blue tank top and red Vans. I walked downstairs, where I wasn't greeted by my loving mother, but instead shot down. I swear if she makes me late.

"Where are you going?" My mom asked suspiciously.

"Work." I replied.

"Better not be hanging out with that Ash guy." She looked at me.

"Yeah, because he's going to be up at 7:30 a.m. I'm going to hang out with a kid who has never been up this early." I said sarcastically.

She yelled things at me while I was leaving, but I honestly didn't care. I don't need her to nag me in the morning. I was walking on the boardwalk, there's no one here. It's like a ghost town. Creepy. I got to work and walked in.

"Lanny, gad to see you." Mallory said, shocked.

"I'm surprise I got up this morning." I replied.

Jeff smiled. Mallory rolled her eyes.

"So, what do we do at 8 a.m?" I asked.

"Jeff usually sleeps and since none of the shops are open yet, I clean up and stock, but you could stock." She smiled.

I just looked at her, "Fine."

Mallory started to sweep and Jeff came into the back with me.

"Did you say anything to Mallory last night?" He asked.

I jumped, "Jeez warn me," I looked at him, "No, she cut me off before I could say anything."

"Just curious." He replied.

"You're 18, right?" I asked.

He nodded, "Why?"

"No reason." I replied.

He went back to his spot. It's noon and people are starting to show up.

"I gotta go!" Mallory smiled and left.

She always seems to be leaving just as this place started to get busy. I woke Jeff up and we got to work. Wyatt and Ash walked in, they know I work at an ice cream shop, but in all fairness, I don't think they were listening. They don't know that I work here. They walked up to the counter ready to order. Wyatt was the first once to notice me.

"Uh, I would like," He couldn't get rid of his smile, "May I please get a cup of mint chocolate chip?"

"I waaaaaaant, chocolate, cone!" Ash said happily.

Wyatt was laughing a little.

"What's so funny?" Ash asked.

"You tell me." Wyatt replied.

Ash looked up, "Well, don't we have a top-notch worker?"

They definitely weren't listening.

"Ha-ha, get it out of your systems." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry, man, I'll be over there, tweeting about this." Ash walked off.

Wyatt looked at me with a serious face, "Sadie is all over you. Stop leading her on."

"No she's not." I rolled my eyes, making their ice cream.

"Dude just stop."

"Why would you even care? Unless you like her."

He shook his head, "God no. I just don't want this group to fall apart."

I thought about it for a second and then realized that Wyatt does like someone in the group, might not Sadie. But if something bad happens between Sadie and I, the group splits up. I'll back off because I don't like her at all, but she better back off too. I handed Wyatt his ice cream and Ash's ice cream.