What If

This is a dream chapter, Lanny's dream. It has nothing to do with the rest of the story. I just have writer's block. Enjoy!

I'm going to bed tonight with a thought. What if my life was completely different? What if everything was upside down. What if I picked CC? But, I can't think about that kind of stuff. I'm happy with Sadie anyways. I should go to bed, forget I ever thought this. So, I just fell asleep, only to have a life changing dream. 

-Start of Dream-

I woke up today, thinking about that kiss I had with CC last night. It was the only thing that I cared about. I have had the biggest crush on her since the day we met. Hot rebellious girl. Possibly my soul mate. The love of my life. I completely forgot that I had to get a job today. I had an outfit in mind today, plain black t-shirt, a plaid button now shirt to overlay my black shirt, black skinny yet baggy jeans and my Ontisuka Tiger sneakers.    But I decided to go with blue ripped jeans with a black galaxy skull tank, black boots and a grey beanie. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs, where CC was already waiting. Today she was wearing grey jean shorts with patches on them, a grey crop top t-shirt with a cat on it, black converse and multiple black rings She was going to introduce me to everyone at the ice cream shop. She was talking to my mom, they always got along. I'm not sure why, CC is just like me. I shrugged and we left. We were walking to the ice cream shop together. I looked at her and smiled, she smiled back. 

"So, last night was fun." I said. For some reason it felt awkward between us. 

"Yeah, besides the crash." She laughed a little. 

Should I just point out the elephant in the room? Or is that too weird? By the time we got to the ice cream, I knew it was too late to say anything. The manager hired me on the spot, which was awesome, but the guy I was working, Jeff, didn't seem so happy. Actually he was sleeping, so I wouldn't know. So, I had to learn everything on my own. Which, wasn't too hard. CC was standing in front of the counter. I looked at her. 

"Are you going to take my order or just stand there, like an idiot?" She questioned.

"Don't compare me to Ash." I smiled a little. 

She shrugged and gave me her order. I made it and gave it to her. CC didn't move. It's like she was waiting for something. 

"CC, we kissed last night, right?" I asked.

"How could you not remember that? Hasn't it been on your bucket list for like years?" 

I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, so you know what's next?"

"What?"

"Dating. I mean the whole group already thinks we are." I added.

"Well, I guess so. I'll see you around, boyfriend." She smiled and left. 

Okay, sweet. I just scared a girlfriend, aka the girl I've been crushing on since the day we met. I got a pretty decent job, how could this day go wrong? Just as I thought that, my parents walked in. Oh great. 

"We'll all take a vanilla cone." My mom stated.

"Coming right up." I smiled.

"I have to thank CC for getting you this job." My dad said. 

"Oh, you mean my girlfriend?" Yeah, I have bragging rights. 

"Ah, finally." He added.

"Good, I like her." My mom pointed out. 

I gave them their ice creams and they left. Jeff decided to leave early. So, I could just lock up now. No one's here. It shouldn't be a huge deal. I met up with the gang at our usual hang out spot. CC and I were being all couply. Everyone was excited about it.