Girlfriend

I fell asleep next to my phone last night with Sadie on the other line. It looks like we fell asleep talking on the phone together. I picked it up and started to talk.

"Sadie, you awake?"

"5 more minutes." She replied, it sounds like I woke her up.

" I have to go to work, so I'll let you sleep and talk to you later."

"Okay, babe. I'll stop by later." She said and hung up.

I smiled and got out of bed, I was wearing exactly what I was when I got home last night. Oh memories, that's definitely a story I'm telling to my kids one day. I looked at my digital clock and realized that I have to be at work in about 20 minutes. I quickly got changed into  grey skinny jeans with an American flag tank top, black converse and a gold skull bracelet I found laying around. Seriously, I don't remember buying this bracelet or even getting it as a gift. I just found in the attic one day when I was searching for something else. I thought it was really cool. Anyways, I brushed my teeth and was about to leave,  but I was stopped by my mom. I rolled my eyes.

"Where are yo-"

"Work, remember that thing that you made me get."

She didn't say anything and just walked into the kitchen. My dad got off the couch and walked up to me. He looked a little nervous.

"I need to talk to you later. Are you closing tonight?"

"Yeah, I'll talk to my boss and let you know." I said and left.

That was weird, why does he want to talk to me? I shrugged it off and walked into work. I saw a new girl behind the counter. She had short black hair with dark brown eyes. She was wearing a black dress with a collar, black polka dot flats, a gold bracelet and a moon and star earring. I walked around the counter and put on my apron and just looked at her with one eyebrow raised.

"I'm Lexi, filling in for Jeff. He's my brother."

"Oh, uh does he have to take care of someone?" I'm dying to know if Jeff has a kid or not.

She shrugged, "Mallory won't be in either today."

"Okay, I'm locking up today, if you don't mind."

"It's no problem. I was going to ask you to anyways." She smiled.

I smiled back and we got to work. For a Sunday, today was pretty busy. Eventually Sadie showed up. She was wearing pink shorts with a black t-shirt that has a knitted collar. white low cut converse and a black cat bag. We both smiled as she walked up to the counter.

"Hey, so everyone else is coming in a bit, are we going to tell them?"

"Of course, I don't want a secret relationship." I shrugged.

"Seriously? You want to be seen in public with me?" She questioned.

I nodded, "You're not the worse girl I've ever dated."

"Shut up." She said trying to hide her smile.

"Oh! You two are dating?" Lexi questioned.

We nodded.

"Well, you guys make a lovely couple." She smiled.

We smiled back. Before I could kiss Sadie, the rest showed up and kind of ruined it.  Ash walked up to the counter and put his hands up against the glass. I noticed he was wearing that silver watch.

"I thought you gave the watch back." I looked at him.

"It's a $9,000 watch and he hurt one of our friends, what you think I'm gonna do with it?"