The Dream

I tried to forget that dream last night, but how could I? It felt so real and that might be the reason why I don't remember anything. As I was waiting for Wyatt to stop by, I was just on my phone, texting Sadie. She's really helping me remember stuff. I still can't believe I hated her for so long. But I remember yesterday, she said that Wyatt was dating a girl named Brooklyn. It's weird, but I remember her name popping up in my head on the day that I ended up in the hospital. Maybe she did have something to do with it or maybe I just talked to her that day. Suddenly someone knocked on me door. I yelled for them to come in. It was Wyatt, there was something off about him. I just couldn't put my finger on it. He was wearing the exact same outfit as yesterday. I wonder why, but that doesn't seem important right now. 

"What do you remember?" He just cut right to the chase. 

"Well, I'm not sure if it did happen, but it felt so real, that it must've."

"And what was it?"

"Okay, someone was angry, punched me in the face and said, 'fuck you, Lanny.' But who would I piss off that badly?" 

He looked a little nervous, but quickly changed to a straight face, "I think I know who it was. Ripley, the guy who you fought with at his party." 

"That would make sense. Didn't he attack Sadie or something?"

"Yeah, they were technically dating, but she chose you." 

"I should press charges."

"You could do that or just let it go." Wyatt suggested.

I looked at him like he was crazy, "That kid made me forget very important things and broke my ribs."

"But we're not 100% sure that it's him yet." 

I nodded, "We should get more evidence." 

"Well, I'll see you around, I have to go somewhere." He replied and left.

Wyatt was acting weird, right? Unless he's always like that? But everyone said that he was so quiet and minded his own business. This is a crazy idea, but what if he was the one who did this me? Then again, he is my friend and would tell me right away. He couldn't have done it. Maybe I should investigate. Wait a minute, investigate. I remember that word came up a lot. I was investigating something, but what? I can't lay around in my bed all day, I have to go out. But how do I get out if Jeremy is still here? I thought about it for a bit, then called him into my room. He quickly came in with a slight smile, but more nervous look on his face. 

"Could you run out to the store and get me ice cream?" I questioned.

He nodded, "Be back in jiffy!" He ran out. 

Once I heard his car leave, I was set. All I had to do was get changed. I changed into something easy, a pair of sweatpants with a t-shirt and slip on Vans. Anything else and I think I would've broken my ribs even more. I left, I texted Kit asking her meet me at the beach. It was getting late and the sun was setting. I know this one of my favorite places to go. I finally got to the beach and sat down, near the ocean, but not too close. I was staring at the sunset, just thinking. Trying to remember things. 

"Hey, buddy." Kit smiled taking a seat next to me. 

I smiled back, "Hey."

She was wearing acid washed jean shorts with white sandals and a pink crop top that had an alien on it, "Thought you were stuck in doors for the next few days."

"I am. I just had to get out. It was getting so boring." 

"I hear that. Ever since all this happened to you, none of us haven't really been hanging out."

I looked at her, feeling guilty, "Really?"

She nodded, "Wyatt is probably hooking with some girl, I have no idea what CC is doing, she is never home when I am and Sadie's always with you."

"What about Ash?" 

"He is the only one who I hang out with anymore." 

"So, what happened to me causes a riff in our friend group?" I questioned.

"It's not your fault, Lanny. It's who ever did this to you." She replied.

"But if I wouldn't have gotten myself into this mess, none of this would've happened." 

"You can't help what you do." 

I shrugged, "If I could just remember what happened. I had a dream last night about it."

"Seriously? Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"I told Wyatt, he said to keep it a secret, but I figured since I tell you everything, it wouldn't matter."

"Why would he tell you to keep it a secret?"

"He thinks it was Ripley."

Kit stopped and thought about for a bit, "That would make a lot of sense, but do you even have enough evidence?"

I shook my head, "Wyatt just said to wait it out." 

She was about to say something, but my phone went off. Jeremy was calling me. Maybe I didn't think this out. I picked up.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where the Hell are you?" His tone made it sound like he was worried.

"I'm at the beach with Kit."

"Bitch, don't bring me into this." Kit looked at me with a slight smile. 

"Why?"

"Because I needed some fresh air."

"Okay, next time just tell me, damn. I thought you were kidnapped for something."

That was a weird response, but I'm happy he was so cool about. Who would even want to kidnap me? I'm broken, I don't remember much and I like to break the rules. However, I am adorable. So, Jeremy told me to be home soon and hung up. Kit and I just hung out on the beach. We were trying to put more pieces together.

"I thought of the word investigate today and knew that had something to do with it." I pointed out.

"Wait a minute! I have the texts that you sent me that day. How did I forget this? You said you wanted to snoop around in other people's business and I remember with, "This week on Lanny can't mind his own business."

"That's where that came from. Did I send you anything else?"

"Just that we should meet here in the evening," She added, "I mean I couldn't even meet you here because everyone told me to go to the hospital."

"Then who ever did this to me might have been someone who didn't want me to know their business." I pointed out.

"And if that's true, it could've been someone in our friend group." 

I think I know who it could've been, but I should wait it out. See if this person has any reaction to me and what I do. I really don't want it to be this person. I'm going to keep my mouth shut, but I have to talk to Wyatt.