Hospital

I woke hours later with an IV hooked up to my arm. I was in the hospital and I don't remember any of it. I looked around and recognized no one. Does anyone ever know that I'm here? I think I changed my emergency contact, but I don't remember who or if I even did. Suddenly, a doctor walked in and he was tall with dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I just looked at him, confused.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Jockey. I'll be taking care of you. We called your mother, but she wanted no part of this. Anyone else we could call?" He asked.

"Um, my brother, Jeremy. I don't know his number off hand, it's in my phone."  I replied.

"Well, call him right away." Dr. Jockey went into my phone and called my brother, "Okay, he'll be here shortly."

"Um, what's going on? Why am I here? Why can't I see through my left eye?" I asked.

"Well, it looks like you got into a fight because someone hit you and to be blunt, it really fucked with your eye," He replied, "Also, you have a broken rip."

"Why don't I remember?"

He shrugged, "Short term memory lost, you're going to remember a lot."

"What?"

"You have amnesia. It's obviously not serious, but you won't remember most conversations, people, really, it all ranges." Dr. Jockey shrugged.

Fuck, this can't be good, "Wait, the only that matters. I have to really think. I have a girlfriend, her name is... Um, she has brown hair and brown eyes. Why don't I remember her name? I need to remember her name. I care about her, a lot. What's her name? Who is she? Wh-"

"Lanny, calm down. You will be having these panic attacks for things that you can't remember. But you have to relax and surround yourself with the people you care about and who care about you." He interrupted me. 

Eventually my brother showed up with this girl, who apparently was calling me all day. Worried about me. Jeremy and the girl pulled up a chair next to me. The girl was wearing a white shirt that had bananas on it, blue boyfriend jeans and yellow converse. 

"Hey, buddy, how you feeling? The doctor said you won't remember most things. Do you remember me, right?" Jeremy asked.

"Jeremy my brother." I nodded.

"What about me?" The girl seemed really nervous.

"My girlfriend. I know because she the best brown eyes and brown hair," I smiled, "But I don't remember your name."

She smiled, she didn't care that I forgot her name. All that matters is that I remember who she really is, "My name is Sadie."

"Sadie. What a perfect name." 

"I'll leave you two, I gotta fill out the paperwork anyways." Jeremy smiled a little and left. 

"You know, I use to hate my name when I was a kid. I always wanted my name to be Nova."

"What? Nova? That's all about space and you're on this pretty great planet with your awesome boyfriend that only forgot your name. At least I didn't forget our anniversary."

"What anniversary?" She questioned.

"Our one week. Are you sure you're not the one with amnesia?"

Her smile grew bigger, "I didn't think guys cared about that kind of stuff."

I looked at Sadie, directly in her eyes, "I care more than you think."

Eventually everyone else showed up. I only remember two of the people, but I'm assuming they're my friends. They all looked so happy and a little nervous. I remember Kit and Ash. Not sure why, I just do. Also I don't remember much of them. Only their names and that they're my friends and that I tell everything to Kit. She's the only one that I seem to remember the most. Besides Jeremy and Sadie. Ash was wearing a white shirt that says, "Artists never sleep," black jeans, black boots and a bright red watch. Kit was wearing a hot pink dress with black converse,a black choker and black earnings

"So, who do you remember?" Kit questioned very nervous.

"You, Ash, Jeremy and Sadie." I replied.

The girl with red hair looked pissed and the other guy with black hair didn't really have an emotion. The doctor walked back in. The girl with red hair was wearing a black skirt with a black crop top that had a skull on it, black converse, a silver dream catcher necklace and light blue headphones around her neck. 

"I'm sorry, you can only have 3 people back here at a time."

"Oh, uh, I guess Jeremy, Sadie and Kit can stay."

The girl with red hair looked even madder than before. Jeremy said he would wait in the waiting room, so I told Ash to stay too. I figured I should the people I remember back with me. I'm not trying to piss anyone off and can't help it if they do get angry, but I just want to feel safe. Dr. Jockey stopped Jeremy and I overheard their conversation.

"His condition isn't too bad, but he should be here for at least 24 hours. That's what I would recommend. You can take him home now, but it would not be safe." 

"I'll come back tomorrow to pick him up." Jeremy replied and left. 

Dr. Jockey walked next to me with my chart and checking my IV. I was still in a lot of pain, so he gave me some morphine. He said it would kick in, in about an hour. He didn't give me it strong. He also said that visiting hours are over in an hour. The doctor left, leaving me with Kit, Ash and Sadie. It was nice to remember at least one person.  

"So, buddy, what do you remember about me?" Ash questioned.

"You're my crazy friend, who won;t give me his hangover cure."

"Hell yeah!" He said loudly.

"What do you remember about me?" Kit asked.

"I'm not sure why, but I do tell you everything."

She smiled. 

"You don't even remember how this happened?"

I shook my head.

"The doctor said you probably got your ass kicked."

"I guess so." I shrugged.

We talked for the next, trying to put pieces together. They were talking me a lot of great and funny stories about us. Ash told me that I had a summer job because I left my little brother alone in my old house and drove to a concert. But the worse part of that story was that I crashed my dad's car. I actually thought that was pretty funny. The fact that I crashed my dad's car and still went to a concert that I has to sneak in. An hour later and the morphine kicked in. I started to act weird, luckily that's when visiting hours were over. No one had to see me like this. 

Dr. Jockey walked in to check up on me, "How you feeling?"

"High." I replied with a stupid smile.

"That's good at least there's no pain."

"You're a pretty cool doctor, I should get beating up more enough."

"Actually, I'm not going to be here. I moving to San Francisco in about a month. Got a better job offer there and my girlfriend lives up."

"Oh well, you're still cool." I replied.

"Thanks man." He said and left.  

Eventually I fell asleep, there's nothing really entertaining about staying in a hospital by myself with no friends.