Amusement Park

I walked to the amusement park, knowing that my friends would be there. It's kind of our hang out spot. A picnic table right next to the shooting game. There I found Ash and Kit. Ash perked up.

"Lanny!" He smiled, "Everyone is here...somewhere!" Ash is looking for the rest of the gang.

How does he have so much energy?

"Hey, Lanny." Kit smiled.

I smiled back, "Hey, Kit."

"Stop flirting with my sister." Ash replied.

"Ha-ha. Cute, my best friend's sister and I hooking up." I rolled my eyes.

"It happens in movies." Kit flirtatiously smiled.

I nodded my head a little and smiled. She bit her lip.

"Wyatt! CC! Sadie!" Ash shouted waving his hands at them.

"Donnie's working." Wyatt smiled.

"Which means free rides!" Ash said excitedly.

We all smiled. CC gave us the wrist bands. I always have trouble putting these things on.

"Let me help!" CC and Kit said at the same time.

They looked at each other.

"You can do it, Kit." CC hid a frown under that smile.

"Thanks." Kit smiled in a braggy manner.

CC rolled her eyes.

"Free rides! They await us!!" Ash dragged us off.

"What ride should we go onto first?" Wyatt questioned.

"Something fast and zoomy!" Ash smiled with his big courageous smile.

"How about just fast?" Sadie said in her snooty voice.

Gotta love the rich girl.

"Lanny we should go onto the Ferris wheels." Kit said grabbing my arm.

"Yeah! Kit you're a genius! Start with a slow ride to get us hype for the fast ones!" Ash said excitedly.

She rolled her eyes, "Lets just go."

So we went. Two a seat.

Kit and I

CC and Ash

Wyatt and Sadie

Poor Wyatt. The ride started.

"Isn't this so romantic?" Kit questioned with stars in her eyes.

"Yeah, I guess it is." Jeez I'm so oblivious.

"Wouldn't it be perfect is the ride stopped right when we're at the top and fireworks start?" She's is dropping hints like crazy and I seem not to notice.

I shrugged, "Sounds like a crappy chick flick."

She blushed, embarrassed.

"This. Is. So. B-O-R-I-N-G!" Ash cried out.

CC nodded.

"I want something fun and fast!" he shouted.

"I hear you. Ferris wheels are so boring!" CC replied.

"Finally someone who agrees!" Ash smiled.

CC smiled and giggled, "After this we should go onto the hurlanator!"

His eyes grew, "The fastest and coolest ride in this whole park? Hell yeah!"

"10 years of knowing you and I had no idea you were this awesome!" CC laughed.

They both laughed. CC moved from Florida to here when she was 7 and was in the same classes as Ash and I. Instant friendship. Mainly with me. Ash was getting in trouble a majority of the time. The ride was over.

"HURLANATOR!" Ash yelled running off the ride.

We followed. All of us. CC kept on looking at Sadie and I. Sadie was weirdly close to me. I felt uncomfortable. We all got onto the ride. A few minutes later, we're off. Everyone looked at Ash, the last one to get off. We all felt pretty sick.

"WOOOOOO!" Ash smiled, "Again?"

We looked at him like he was crazy.

"I'm in." CC smiled.

"Anyone else?" Ash looked at us.

"Just proves that a girl is way more brave than these two!" CC smiled.

"I'm fine with that." Wyatt raised his hand.

"Challenge you want? Challenge you got." I said.

What was I thinking. I'm going to die. I am going to die. And it's all in the name of summer romance. Isn't dying like the first step to love? I don't know, I never payed attention in English.

"I'm in too." Kit smiled.

"You four are insane." Sadie roll her eyes.

We went back on. Wyatt walked up to Sadie.

"Stop." He rolled his eyes.

"What?" She questioned.

"Seriously? Lanny? The one kid in this entire group, who hates you the most?" Wyatt replied.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She stated.

"You have the biggest thing for him. But, I guess it's not my problem." Wyatt shrugged.

Sadie looked at him and rolled her eyes. He backed off, but didn't like it at all.

We got off. Oh wow, I'm not dead.

"Bad idea." I said trying to stand up straight.

"I could again!" I swear Ash is lying.

I looked over, "Crap! My manager!"

I hid behind Ash. Mallory walked up to him.

"Lanny? You have an hour left in work. Why aren't there?" Mallory questioned.

"I-uh-"

"Was it Jeff?" She cut me off.

"No, it-"

"You don't have to cover for him. He has to take care of his kid. I get it." She cut me off again.

I looked at her, "How old is Jeff again?"

"18," She replied, "Seeya tomorrow, 8 am. Sharp."

"Why aren't you at work?" Sadie stood up for me.

"Well, I'm the manager."

"Hmm, what would happen if I called up the owner, you know my daddy has a lot of money." She smirked.

"Just be there at 8 am, okay Lanny? You're still getting paid today." Mallory smiled, a little scared of being fired.

"Seeya." I replied.

Mallory left and we all looked at Sadie.

"What? All of you are my friends, if your boss is a jerk, I'll threaten to sue." She smiled.

I smiled back. Maybe she's not all that bad. Or you know, she is. Because I still don't like how spoiled and bratty she is. I didn't home until midnight, that's when my mom flipped out on me. I just flipped her off and went to bed. For once she can't get away with me being home late. It's all because I have a job. I should've gotten one a long time ago. Plus, I don't see my mom working, that's because her job is selling things online. She's a housewife. My dad is the one who works. Not that there's anything wrong with housewives, just that I hate my mom and she was head cheerleader in high school and in college she was in a top notch sorority, she could be doing a lot better. But what does my opinion matter? I'm just the rebellious son, who's going nowhere in life.