The Storm

The next morning, I was the first up, I mean the only one up. I have work at 10, so yeah. But afterwards, I have a surprise for Sadie. The real anniversary. One where I don't have to lie and I'm not in a serious amount of pain. I told her I would make it up and today is the day that I do. I didn't have any time to change, so I wore what I was wearing last night. When I went outside, I noticed dark cloud. Shouldn't be too bad. I drove off and went to the boardwalk. I went to go text Jeremy saying that I went to work, but noticed that my phone wasn't with me. Damn it. How am I suppose to pass the time now? I sucked it up and walked into the shop. I noticed it was still dark, I shrugged, went to the back and turned on the lights. Might as well use the phone here to call someone to bring my phone. I called my own phone. I know I left it in the game room with the ringer on, so someone is definitely going to pick up. To my surprise, it was CC. She said that she would be right down. By the time she got to the shop, the winds picked up. I had to help her shut the door. 

"Wow, I'm surprised this place isn't pack." She said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, "Thanks for getting me my phone, you can go now." 

"Um, no I can't. On the way here the radio said that no one should leave their homes. There's a really bad storm coming." CC added.

"Well, why didn't you tell Sadie to come down here. It would've been a lot more fun." I replied.

She rolled her eyes and handed me my phone. I looked at my missed calls and saw that Mallory had called. I listened to the voicemail. If I would've remembered to check my phone before I left, I would've heard the message. Which was that there's a big storm and the shop is closed for today. Damn it. I am kind of an idiot. I looked at CC with a stupid smile. Seeing my mistake. 

"You got to be kidding me." She replied.

"Sorry, how was I suppose to know that there was going to be a storm today."

"I can't believe I have to die with you." She added and sat in the back room. 

I sat with her. It was quiet when out of no where, there was a thunder, then lighting. We both jumped, not expecting that. We just looked at each other. Ever since Sadie and I started to date, its been tense between CC and I. I started to look around for flashlights, just in case the lights go out. As I was in Mallory's office, I heard my phone ring. I went to reach for it, but realized I left it with CC on the table. I sighed. I found the flashlights and went to see who called. When I got back out, I saw CC quickly putting my phone down. 

"Who called?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" She looked at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Pretty bad liar. I saw you put my phone down as I walking out."

"I wasn't touching your phone."

"Then who called?" I asked picking up my phone, "You didn't move and my phone was on the table this entire time."

She rolled her eyes, "Little miss perfect."

"Oh, so my perfect girlfriend." I added calling Sadie back. 

Sadie picked up, worried. 

"Yeah, I'm at work."

"Oh, well wouldn't it be closed because of the storm?"

"Well, you see here, I forgot my phone, CC brought it to me and I noticed that Mallory shut down the shop today." 

"You're stupid." She replied with a slight giggle.

"You're dating me." I added.

"Okay, well, I'll stop by when the storm is over." 

"Alright, seeya."