Day Off

Yes. I have a day off. I mean working at the ice place isn't too bad, it's just work. I would kind of like my summer with zero responsibilities and all fun. I have plenty of time to worry about work when I'm off ion college a year from now. Every time I walk into work, I just get so bored and instantly hate my life. Now I'm starting to wish that I wasn't a rebellious teenager, then again, what fun would I have if I actually did my work. So, it's my day off, what does that mean? A crazy and fun time with my best friends. Also it's a day before the party, I wonder what we'll be doing. I caught up to my friends.

"Hey! Lanny! Kit and I are going shopping for the semi-formal. You wanna come with?" CC smiled.

Kit was wearing an orange lace cropped cami top with way too short jean shorts, some fancy sandals and a moon necklace. CC was wearing a paint splattered t-shirt that was kind of covered by her jean shorts overalls, black bird earrings with a black beanie and black converse.

"Shopping? With girls?" I looked at her, "Am I at least getting laid?"

She looked annoyed by that comment. I backed off and the two left. So, now it's just me, Ash and Wyatt. Sadie must be with her new boyfriend or whatever he is.

Ash was wearing completely ripped black jeans with a Jurassic Park penny tee, black boots, a pikachu snap back and a silver ring on his middle finger. He does that somethings, it's mostly because he likes to flip people off with that. Wyatt was wearing dark blue jeans with a white and blue tie dye shirt that says "life" on it, black converse and a silver chain hanging from his pants.

"What should we do?" Ash asked.

Wyatt and I both looked at him, confused.

"You're the ideas person." I stated.

"But today I'm all tapped out. Sorry guys."

"Well, what should we do?" Wyatt looked at me.

"Why are you looking at me?" I replied.

"You're our leader."

"Okay, first, that makes me sound like a dictator and second, how?"

"I don't know. You're the most confident and your always leading up." Wyatt shrugged.

I was about to say something, but then I got a text from that Ripley guy. He asked if we wanted to hang out. I replied with sure. I told him to meet us at the picnic bench by the ticket booth. After about an hour, Ripley walked up to us. He was wearing a white button down shirt with really nice black jeans, new black converse and two dog tags.

"So, what's the plan today, guys?" Ripley questioned.

"Eh, we haven't figured it out yet." I shrugged.

Wyatt and Ash were just staring at Ripley. Ash barely knows this kid and he already doesn't like him.

"Oh, how rude of me. I'm Ripley."

"How rude of me, I don't care." Ash added.

I rolled my eyes, "Ash be nice."

Look. I'll be completely honest I'm not a huge fan of this guy. I don't trust him. I mean when we first met, he was such a jerk to me. Then he changed in like 3 seconds being all nice, inviting us to a party. Might as well just pretend to like him, like he pretends to like me and my friends.

"No, it's okay. I get, rich are the worse." He seemed to be cool about it.

"You hate being rich?" Wyatt questioned.

"Oh god, no. I love it. Parties whenever, expensive cars, anything I want." He replied with a smirked.

Anything I want. What does that even mean? What does he want?

"You guys know what you're wearing to my party?" He asked.

We all shrugged, not sure.

"Lets go shopping, I'll buy all of your outfits."

"What about CC and Kit?"

"Text them, I'll buy their outfits too." He smiled.

Why is this kid being to nice? It doesn't make any sense. Wyatt, Ash and I agreed and went to the mall with Ripley. I'm not one to go shopping for new clothes. I honestly don't care what I wear. But I guess that's the difference between him and I. I mean look at Ripley. Even when he's hanging out, he still looks like he dressed his best with probably a $500 shirt. I don't understand why he wants expensive materials. Isn't clearance just as good? We walked into the expensive side of the mall. Yes, there are two sides to the mall, the side that I can afford and the side that I can't. The one store that we walked into looked like a fancy store with nothing appealing to me. I was curious about the clearance and went right to that. Wyatt followed me. I looked at one white t-shirt on sale and it was still $150.

"Damn." Wyatt looked at me.

I shrugged and put it back.

"Why is he doing this?"

"I don't know. I don't trust him. Especially around Sadie." I replied.

"There you go again."

"What?"

"Do you or do you not have feelings for Sadie?"

"I don't. I don't like that rich girl."

"Hey! Ripley, why don't we go to a store that appeals to us non rich kids?" Ash shouted in this otherwise quiet store. The employees looked at him pissed.

"Okay, there is a more punk shop on this side. Lets go there." He smiled and guided us to the other store.

We walked into the store and our jaws dropped. This store is definitely more our style. But all rich kids dress so fancy. Why would anyone have a store like this?

"This is the store where teenagers usually go to piss off their parents." Ripley added.

So, we bought things from this store and Ash made sure to buy the most expensive things. But Ripley didn't care and that pissed off Ash even more. But tomorrow is the party and when we left the mall, Ripley went home. Wyatt, Ash, CC, Kit and I decided to meet up with Sadie at our hangout spot.

"How's little miss rich girl and her new friends?" I asked.

"My parents are making me hang out with them because I don't want to be kicked out of my home." She added.

"What's wrong with that?" Kit asked.

"Nothing, I'm just not good without money. Kit, what you're doing is something I could never do," She replied, "Could you guys just make me look good for this party?"

She looked directly at Ash. She has no problem with the others.

Ash let out a long groan, "Fine! You owe me!"

"Okay, thanks Ash." She smiled.

I'm not going to say anything about Ripley. I want to see how he acts in his natural habitat. It was getting really late and we all decided to go home. CC, Kit and Sadie planned the whole day before the party to get ready. While, I have to work.