Investigation

Yesterday was great and all. I mean all we really did was go to the arcade, then hung out at the amusement park. Nothing super exciting, we all called it in early and went back to our own places. Now it's the next morning and I have so many questions on my mind. Did Jeremy and CC hook up? Who was that kid with Jeff? Are Jeff and Mallory dating? What is Wyatt hiding? Well, stay tuned cause I'm about to find out all that and more, this week on Lanny Can't Mind His Owen Business. First, I need to put on pants. So, I got out of bed and changed into, blue skinny jean shorts with a blue tank top that has pineapples all over it, a grey plaid unbutton shirt, captain America dog tag and black converse. I went downstairs with a backpack, I have work in 20 minutes, but afterwards the real investigation starts. Jeremy stopped me before I left. He was wearing white jeans with a blue Royals shirt, a black bracelet and black boots. 

"You like the KC Royals?" 

"Nah, an ex got it for me," He replied, "So, where you off too?"

"Work, starts soon."

"How long are you gone for?" He was planning something.

I shrugged, "I'll be out for most or the day and night."

"Cool, cool," He added, "I'm having a lady friend over and wanted to make sure I didn't bother you."

"Who's the girl?"

He rolled his neck, "Tinder date."

"Ah, well have fun. Use protection." I replied and left.

Do I think that the tinder date is CC? That he's just covering it up? Could be or it could be some girl. I saw how he was flirting with a stranger at the arcade. I'm just trying to think the best. I mean, I'd rather not think about a 26 year old hooking up with a 17 year old. I left for work and when I got there, Jeff and Mallory were both there. Jeff was wearing dark blue jeans with a grey shirt and white shoes. Pretty simple actually. Mallory was wearing a white t-shirt, light blue skinny jeans, black boots and a black and gold ring. I just didn't bother with it and put on my apron. I said I was going to investigate after work. Plus, I'm getting paid today and don't want anything ruin that. As I was working, Jeff walked up to me. 

"Sorry I've been such a dick to you about my personal life. Technically that kid you saw yesterday is mine." He said.

"Uhh, could we not about this in front of customers?" I questioned nodding to the customers. 

He looked embarrassed and nodded. He sat back down and I went back to work. It was time for my break, I was going to work through it, but this thing with Jeff was more important. We sat in the back of the shop and he looked like he didn't want to have this conversation.

"Look, we don't have to talk about this." I felt a little awkward. 

Jeff shook his head, "I know you. You're going to snoop and find out the reason, making it more annoying to work with you."

I mean he's not wrong. I slouched back, trying to find a comfortable way to sit. 

"Ian was my brother's kid."

I leaned forward, "Was?"

He nodded, "My brother and his wife died in a car accident a few years back. I was never ready to take care of this kid."

"What about your parents?" 

"My brother and I got cut off. Very controlling parents." 

"I get that." I added, "So, how do you take care of Ian?"

"With Mallory, that's why we barely work at the same time."

"That girl Lexi that I met, does she take care of him too?"

He nodded, "Yup. And Lanny, don't think that we're friends after this. I only told you so that you won't have to find it out on your own."

I shrugged, "I just gotta back to work."

So, one less thing to investigate! I think that's all that matters, well, I mean for right now. Sucks to hear the story behind Jeff though, that must be so hard for him. And that kid he has to take care of, he looked about 9 years old, it must be so hard for him. I honestly want to find away to help out. But still, Jeff still doesn't care for me and he made it clear that we're not friends. I should just let it go. I'll try to. I finished working and got my paycheck. I went to the bank and deposit it, taking out only $20. The next thing I'm dying to find out is what's going on with Wyatt? I'm his friend. I should at least know one bit about his life. Even if it's his most secretive part. I texted him to see if he wanted to hang out and he honestly didn't care. So, we met at the balloon dart game. He looked a little confused. He was wearing dark blue skinny jeans with a yellow and black stripped tank top with blue converse. 

"Where's everyone else?" He questioned.

"I thought we could just hang out today." I shrugged.

"Uh, sure." 

"Sweet! So, wanna play some games?"

"I guess." He replied.

We were playing games and I realized that I have no idea where to start. What question should I ask? Should I even ask a question? Wyatt sat at bench and I sat with him. 

He looked at me, still confused, "What's this about Lanny?"

"We never get to hang out, just us." I added.

"No, seriously? I see right through this bullshit."

"Okay, fine. I just want to know how you're doing."

"What do you mean?"

"You just dumped Samantha because you like someone else. That must be huge for you."

"Wait, how did you know about Sammy and I? Did she tell you? Are you friends with her?" He doesn't seem to be taking this well.

"I overheard you at Ripley's party. I just assumed-"

"Now you're ease dropping? What's wrong with you? And what did you even assume?"

"I-uh."

"No!" He stood up.

"I want to help you out, give you advice. Is the other girl Brooklyn? Because I thi-"

He picked me up by my shirt collar and pinned me up against the wall, "Help me out with what? Last night I checked you were head over heels for CC and now you're in this weird romance world with Sadie. Maybe I should give you advice. You and Sadie will never work out."

I've never seen Wyatt like this. He's usually so calm and collected. I never knew there was a side like this to him. I'm not going to say anything, I'm too scared to. 

"As for me and Brooklyn, that's still none of your business. Mind your own fucking business Lanny." He let me go and started to walk off. 

Okay, I'm about to be a liar and about to regret this, "You can't act like a complete sociopath to people!"

He turned to me and without a second thought, he decked me right in the eye. I fell to ground, it was a really hard hit and gave me a super bad headache right away. 

"Fuck you, Lanny." He got in a kick to my stomach, then left, pushing over a trash can on his way out. 

I felt so dizzy and couldn't even get up, a women ran up to me and called 911. I closed my eyes. Nothing felt right, I felt like I really fucked up and now I can't go back and mind my own business. Before I knew it, I blacked out. The thing I remember hearing, "Fuck you, Lanny." I really fucked up, didn't I? What does this mean now? What happens with my friends and I? Do I keep this a secret? How could I even keep this a secret? Especially to Kit and Sadie. I don't know what to do. I really fucked up.