Chapter 15: Control

Kylie's POV

After I had made the decision to not go to school Friday, I didn't regretted it a single moment. Me and Elizabeth had an amazing day. We stayed in bed until lunchtime, she made us lunch, I found out she's a really good cook. After that we watched a movie, we talked some more, but most importantly, we made love almost the whole day in between those other activities.

Always after the sex we had, I felt so alive, I don't know why that was, but I didn't think to much about it. What I liked the most was the cuddling afterwards. Our naked bodies, laying next to each other, our hearts beating close to each other, our hands touching each other's bodies. I loved that, and luckily Elizabeth loved it too.

When it became evening, I wanted to go back home, but Elizabeth wouldn't let me. She told me she didn't want to sleep alone, neither did I. To make a long story short, she convinced me to stay the whole weekend.

And right now, I was walking towards my locker, feelings pretty good after such an amazing weekend. I opened my locker, got the textbooks I needed and closed my locker again. Suddenly Taylor stood in front of me.

"Taylor, you scared me." I said as I went to pick up my books from the ground, because I let them fall to the ground.

Taylor helped me and gave them back to me. Afterwards we both stood up again. "Where the hell were you Friday, Saturday and Sunday?" she hissed, indicating she needed to tell me something important.

"What do you need to tell me?" I whispered.

She looked around, pulled me with her to the library to the exact same spot as last time. We went to sit down, but this time, she sat in front of me. She looked at me. "Where were you these past few days?" I looked down, which was enough for Taylor to guess. "You were with her?"

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing."

"It is."

"Why?" I asked, raising my voice, looking back up into her eyes.

"Because she's your witch." she said, looking very serious.

I looked at her for awhile before continuing. "What?"

"She's your witch."

"How?"

"How did I found out? How am I so sure about it?" she asked to which I nodded. "When you left I went through all my books. I found out that the tattoo will appear when you first kiss or touch your witch. In your case, you kissed her."

"But how can you be sure that - "

"I'm sure she's it because right after that, you began to hang out more with her. And in this book you can read that humans that are marked are controlled by their witches. Sometimes even when they don't want to do something, the witch can make them do it." Taylor said as she looked at me.

"So, what are you trying to say?"

"She's controlling you, she's playing with your mind and that's the only reason you're behaving like this. You don't like her, you don't want to do all these romantic things with her, she makes you do it." Taylor said as she placed her hand onto mine.

"What now? I mean, how do I get the control back?"

"You don't. But as long as you're resisting against her will, as long as you keep reminding yourself that you don't have feelings for her, you will always have a little bit of control." she said and gave me a weak smile.

I looked down, thinking about everything she said. That's when I noticed the necklace and thought back about the video I made of the dark figure. I looked back up at her. "I need to show you something." I said and gave her my phone, I pressed play so the video started. I waited for her to finish watching it.

After she had watched it, she looked at me. "That's what's following you?"

"Yep."

"And you're not scared of it? That's your witch." she said, as if I didn't know that.

"I know, but it doesn't talk to me or anything. Last night was the first time it kinda responded to me. It also gave me this." I said and showed her the necklace I was wearing.

"I've seen that before, let me search it." she said and went through her books. In the meantime I looked around, waiting for Taylor to be ready, when suddenly I saw the stone lighting up.

"Taylor, look." I said as I pointed to the necklace with my eyes. Somehow I didn't want to move when it was glowing.

"What the - " she stopped mid-sentence and looked at it, she also didn't touch it. "Why is it lighting up?"

"I don't know, I'm scared."

"Don't worry, I'll find out." she said and flipped through the pages like crazy. I had to smile at that, she cares so much about me, someone else had already ran away from a situation like this, but not her, she's a true friend. "Oh, I found it." she said as she showed me a picture of different necklaces.

"Those don't even look the same as mine."

"I know, but listen to what it says: 'Every witch gives their human a necklace, this necklace portrays the energy the witch has. When it's lighting up, the witch is at her most powerful, when it's not lighting up, she needs energy.' So that dark figure is your witch, and she's currently really strong." she said as she closed the book.

"Why are they giving that to their human? It doesn't make any sense."

"Because in this way, the human knows when to help his/her witch." she said in a duh tone.

"But I thought the witches never told their human about them being a witch." I said to which she groaned and immediately went to her book again.

"Oh, I got it, it's also a tracking device for the witch to find their human."

"Wait so that dark figure can find me even quicker now?" I asked to which Taylor nodded. "In that case, I'm not wearing that. Can you hold it for me?" I asked as I gave her the necklace.

"Sure, no problem. But are you sure you can do that? I mean, she gave you this, you don't want to upset her, do you?" she asked as she put the necklace away in her backpack.

"She won't hurt me, I already told you." I said, but I had no idea what was going to happen later that day...