Chapter 7: Dark figure

Kylie's POV

"Hey, what took you so long?" Taylor asked me when I got in her car.

"I had to stay after class, to talk." I said while Taylor started the engine.

"Oh so you're together now?" she asked while she drove to her house. I decided to go to her house with her, mainly because I was scared to be alone in my house. What if that dark figure returned? I have to stop thinking about it, who knows, maybe it's my own fantasy.

"Nope, actually I just told her I didn't felt the same way." I said to which Taylor hit the brakes. My whole body shot to the front before getting back against the car seat "God Taylor, why did you do that?! This isn't some movie where you can stunt like that!"

She gripped my shoulders. "Kylie, you're a smart girl, but at the same time, you're the stupidest girl I know! Why would you do that?"

"Do what?" I asked, getting her hands of my shoulders.

"Telling her you don't have feelings for her, because everyone can see you do have feelings for her." she said and started driving again. "I can't believe you ruined things for yourself like that."

"I didn't ruin anything. I can't help it, I just don't feel anything for her. I hate it that everyone thinks I do." I said to her.

"Kylie, why are you fighting against your feelings for her? Are you scared because it's illegal? Well, don't be, because Miss Moore will handle that."

"That's not it, honestly."

"Then what is?" she asked as she parked her car in front of her house. We got out and walked to her room.

"I just don't have feelings for her." I said and went to sit on her bed.

"Yes, you do!"

"No, I don't!

Taylor sighed deep and let it go. "Fine, whatever. Why the sudden change of location?"

"Excuse me? You were the one who told me that you didn't want to stay at my house anymore." I said, laughing.

"Can you blame me? Didn't you saw that creep in front of your house?"

"I did." I said, thinking about the dark figure in my room. I still didn't told her, because I think she will get scared just like last time.

We talked for like hours and soon it became dark outside. "I need to go." I said to Taylor.

"Yeah, you should. I'm sorry, but I won't drive you to your house, maybe you should ask your parents." she said.

"Nah, I'm fine." I said, afterwards we walked to her front door.

"You sure?" she asked me as she opened it. I nodded. "Alright, I'll see you in the morning."

"Yep, good night." I said and started walking home. The walk was about 10-15 minutes.

As I was walking I heard someone walking behind me, me as scared as I was, started walking faster, and of course this person behind me did too. That got me pretty scared. I took my phone, took the camera and put it into selfie-mode. I pointed the phone behind me, discreet, so the person behind me didn't know. But I got scared when I saw who it was. It was the dark figure, the same as in my room the other day. It's face was covered so I couldn't see who it really was. Seeing it here made me wonder if it's following me. Does it know I know it's there?

I didn't sped up my pace anymore, I kept walking on the same pace. I dreaded arriving at my house, because I need to unlock my front door, that at least will take a few seconds... Enough time for the dark figure to strike. I saw my house in the distance, praying that my mom and dad were home. I got my keys, I called my mom, luckily she answered me and told me she was home. I asked her to open the front door now.