Chapter 4: Scar

Kylie's POV

"She's really nice." mom said to me, referring to our meeting with Miss Moore. We were in the car, on our way home, dad was driving, while mom sat in the passenger seat, I sat in the back.

"Yeah I thought so too. I don't know why you told us she's a stupid teacher." dad said as he parked the car in our driveway.

"Because she is!" I shouted and slammed the car door close. I hurried to the front door, it was dark outside and I didn't want to see that creep again. What if it stands there again? Should I turn around and look? No, I'm just going to wait here, in front of my door, waiting for parents to finally open the door.

Dad took his key and opened the door, I hurried inside, feeling a little bit safer. "Kylie, what's up with you?" he asked as he took off his jacket and his shoes.

"Yes, I don't understand you either. One moment you want to be with Taylor in the same class, and the next you don't." mom said, taking a seat onto the couch, motioning me to sit next to her. I took a seat in front of her, on another couch. Dad went to sit next to mom, they both looked at me with a worried expression.

"I don't know what that was." I said, burying my face into my hands.

"Kylie, can I ask you something? Something you maybe don't like being asked." mom said, which caused me to look up at her.

"Sure, ask me." I said.

Mom looked at dad before looking back at me. "Do you have a crush on Miss Moore?"

"What?!" I shouted as I stood again. I can't believe they thought so too.

"It's just, first you're angry at her and at the situation that you and Taylor are in. And when we were with her, it's like you forgot everything and let it all go. And the way you looked at her... You looked like you have a crush on her." mom said, afterwards showing a little smile. Was she serious?! I can't believe everyone is thinking that!

"I'm NOT crushing on Miss Moore! Why does everyone thinks that?!" I shouted and paced around.

"Who thinks that too?" dad asked.

"Taylor." I said, not even looking at them anymore.

"You see, we can see it, she can see it." mom said as she walked to me. She stood in front of me and held my shoulders. "Sweetie, I know you like her, but you need to know that these relationships between a teacher and a student are illegal. It can never happen." she said and pulled me into a hug, also caressing my back, as if she was comforting me. "I know it's hard to understand this and I know it hurts to know you can't be together but it'll get better, trust me." mom said as she caressed my face.

I pulled away, rough. "I.am.NOT.crushing.on.her!" I shouted, trying to get them to understand me.

"Yes, you are." dad said as he went to stand next to mom. "It'll get better, Kylie, we promise." he said as he gave me a weak smile too.

I looked at them, dumbfounded. How could everyone be so stupid nowadays? I'm not crushing on her, I swear. She's doing something to me, and I will find out what it is. But it's not love or anything like that, I know for sure.

I didn't even said something to them, I turned around and walked to my bedroom. I was never this angry, I actually felt misunderstood for once. I undressed myself and searched for my pajamas. Once I found them, I noticed that my curtains weren't closed, I should probably close them. I walked to my window and closed my curtains quick, I didn't want to see that creepy figure, if it was there again.

I stood in front of the mirror, I saw the scar on my belly. I got it a few days ago, before school started. I was trying on some new clothes and with the last one, there was a label that scratched over my belly and left a scar, which was pretty deep and started bleeding. I didn't even know this could happen when you tried new clothes, of course it has to happen to me. But now it wasn't a deep one anymore, so I guess it'll be gone in a few days.