XXX

"The Haven is invisible to the naked eye," Christian told us all while he reached into a bag he had been carrying," as a part of our security. Only those marked can see it."

"How do you mark us?"

"I need all of you to eat this."

He handed Sophia a small bag made of red fabric. She furrowed her eyebrows together before pulling out a sort of a brown stick. She smelled it and asked what it is.

"It's african dream root laced with wolfsbane."

Shocked, Sophia dropped the bag. When he said it she had accidentally bumped herskin with the root and now had a slight burn on her upper lip.

"Love, are you alright," he asked, suddenly concerned about her. She nodded.

"Why would you lace it with wolfsbane?"

He smirked and picked up the bag, brushing all the roots that had fallen out of the bag back.

"It's to weaken your subconscious enough so the root can take full effect. Once that happens, the spell on the Haven will be revealed to you lot and you'll be able to see what I see."

She swallowed harshly but took a bite and handed the bag to me. Her tongue was literally burning in her mouth his she still swallowed it. I did the same and handed the bag to Thomas. He took it. Carlisle had already taken it and handed the bag to Isabella who picked up a piece but dropped it back when it burned her fingers. 

"Isabella," Sophia said in a groggy voice," Take it."

"I-I.."

Sophia stumbled and put her hand on her head. I started to feel dizzy as well and fell to the ground. Thomas did the same and tried to support me while demanding that Christian tell him what's happening to us. My vision started to go dark and I heard Isabella say something faint before she turned and ran off.

__

"The art is gorgeous."

I turned my head slightly at the sound of Sophia's voice. She was talking to a nun.

"I absolutely adore Michelangelo, don't you? He was so talented and ahead of his time."

"He was truly a gift from God, my child."

"Yes, he was."

You could hear the disappointment laced in her voice. In Russia a man told her to say those things to a nun in the Sistine Chapel and she would reply with the secret code he had learned from a friend of a friend.

"He still is."

No one had said those words to her yet. She was getting tired of repeating the same lines to every somber looking woman in black she came across.

"You! Get out of here! You've been here all day!"

I turned completely to see a very angry man coming up to Sophia. He looked ready to throw her out on her ass if she didn't stop bothering the nuns.

"I'm sorry, sir. I was just looking for some-"

"I do not care. Leave, go!"

The next thing any of us knew, Isabella had appeared out of nowhere and was pushing the man away from her twin.

"Futue et ipsum."

His face went a light pink at her statement. He lifted a finger and wagged it at her like one would a dog but she stood tall like a valiant angel fighting one of God's battles.

"Non quie uteris lingua hic."

"Globos meos lambe, vacca foeda."

"Tace atque abi!"

"Futus et mori igni."

"Caput," he looked about done with her and beyond pissed off," tuum in ano est."

The nun who had been watching in silent confusion and annoyance suddenly gasped and covered her mouth with both hands in horror. I don't know what either of them said but he stormed off down the halls with the nun following close behind. 

Isabella and Sophia walked away laughing, arms locked together.

"Stercus accidit."

__

Noise was everywhere when I came out of that memory. There were people bustling around the room of an ancient looking hut that was built like one of those Native's pueblos down south only instead of clay and sand to make the walls it was wood. Lots of light shined through the open windows by the doorless doorway and I managed to sit up and look around.

My head was throbbing and a lady in a dusty shirt tried to push me back but I growled at her and she backed off. I put my hand on my forehead and tried to make sense of all the sounds going on in there.

"He said it's gonna last about an hour," I whipped around to see Thomas laying on the bed next to me with an arm slung across his eyes," I woke up about five minutes ago."

"Where is Sophia? Where is Isabella?"

"Sophia's still knocked out on that bed over there," he jerked his head in the direction of a white bed a little ways off with a sleeping girl in it turned the other way. Her blond hair was the only thing that made me believe it was her.

"What about Isabella?"

"Haven't seen her. I think she ran off when we were taking the root."

"Why would she do that?"

"Hell if I know. Probably to look for Ajax."

I nodded along. He was probably right and even though it hurt to know that half my traveling party was huntress knows where, it was amazing that I'm where I am at all. I'm in the Haven.

I made it.