XX

Luke's POV

"They were here," Thomas said as he stooped by a place near the empty fire pit. A few people lingered but most of them had gone off to their usual begging places near buildings. My heart went out to a few of them but I didn't have the time to help them.

"I know that," I turned back to the 30 something year old with brown eyes and a shaggy beard," You're sure you didn't see her? I need to find her."

He looked at the girl in the photo again and said no. I couldn't tell if he was lying or not. Eyes like his were full of secrets and didn't care if a beautiful girl was one of them.

"Please, I need her."

"Lucas. That's enough. He doesn't know anything."

I looked around one more time. She was here. I can smell her. One of Alpha Stewart's cameras picked her up while she was coming into the city. She was with another person this time. He had dark hair and they stuck out in a group of blonds.

"What do we do now? I have to have her, Thomas. I can't be without her."

"You pull yourself together, first off. This is all getting a little ridiculous."

I growled lowly at his words.

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Unmated fool.

"They're going further into the city. They were just here."

Let me do it. I'll find her.

I can't do that. Too many people around.

I'll get her. I can do it. Let me have control.

I thought about the last time I let my wolf have control. It was during one of the battles. He was a skilled warrior, no doubt, but he has no problem going into full destruction mode when there's something in his way. This isn't a problem when fighting rouges or hybrids or vampires, but what if he gets out of hand when he finds her? What then?

If we don't get her now, we might lose her forever.

"Lucas," Thomas interrupted my conversation with my wolf," Maybe we should give up for the day. She's bound to resurface in a week or two."

A surge of fear rushed through my spine. What if we never find her? What if she stays missing forever? What if we do find her but it takes years and she's already mated to another wolf? No.

No, I can't let that happen.

"Sir," Thomas called out to the man as I slowly relinquished control to my wolf, "How long did you serve?"

"6 years."

"Thank you for your service."

And then it all went black.

__

It's been years since Lucas last gave me control. The last thing I got to do was sink my teeth into a hybrids neck, blood dripping down my jaw while in my own form. My true form. 

His would just have to do for this hunt. 

Thomas looked over at me and his eyes widened a little as he made eye contact with those of a wolf. I snarled at him, a much more threatening sight with my ears back and fur standing up on my back but I got the point across. 

Turning around I ran through the streets. hurrying to find her latest trail. Rouge's always leave a trail. It stinks like a sewage plant. Lucas can't smell it as well and neither can the humans but I can. Thomas's wolf can.

If we were let out sooner we would have found her in a week, instead they used the human way and took months. Months! The world rushed past me as I took the quickest route into the city, flying past humans and wolves in hiding as I smelled everything like a rabid dog.

I would find her.

November's smell stood out from the rest of the rouges'. An undertone only noticeable by her true mate- me.

You're drawing attention.

I'm finding her. 

The walls of buildings mushed together, people jumping out of my way before they got tackled by the man with black eyes. It might make the news but I smell her. I can smell her wonderful scent. The same scent I've been chasing from fucking Canada! 

When I find that damned woman, I'll never let her go. I'll find the last witch in the world and have her shackle Mate to me. No one will break us apart and she will learn to love me.

Stop, this was a mistake.

I ignore him. Impudent fool, we're almost there. I've been the wolf of a thousand men and if he thinks I'm willing to lose my one true mate because this one doesn't want a few mortals to know we exist he's got another thing coming.

A woman was on her phone, not facing me but very much in my way. Lucas pleaded for me to not go through her. She could get hurt. I conceded and jumped over her, people caught it on camera. 

He hated that more.

But I was getting closer.

I was so close.

If he would just shut up, I'd get her.