XXII

"November, hurry."

"I'm coming."

They were about a block away and Lucas was fighting harder than ever to take over once again but he had already messed this up for me twice and I wasn't about to let it happen a third time. I would appeal to her wolf rather than the girl. Stupid human doesn't even know the truth about her wolf-

She can't talk to her.

Slow memories from our last life together were clear to me, but not most. I can see us dancing together at a party back in the 1800s, her hoop skirts swaying while I twirled her and her chest against mine because we couldn't be bothered with the stares from the mortals around us. That was a beautiful life back in Georgia. Too bad it couldn't last. Too bad she became a rouge.

With November just yards away I can barely control myself. She smells like she did in the last life. She smells like freedom. Like love. Ours was an epic love.

I lost control and ran, after more than 200 years of being separated from your soulmate you'd run, too. But in running I forgot about tactic.

Tactic has never really been my strong suit.

In moments I was just feet away from her, her back turned towards me. Her friend saw me first, her eyes widened and she took a sharp step back- giving November a heads up that something was wrong.

She swung around, leg aimed high enough for a skilled and painful shot but I caught her leg and held it just about 3 inches away from my face.

November..

"Hello, mate."

A sharp breath was audible when she got sight of my black eyes. She knew Lucas wasn't here to reason with or trick. She's dealing with a real Beta now.

She struggled to free her leg and her friend turned to flee but Thomas was already there, ready to stop her if need be.

"We'll be escorting both of you wolves back to Alpha Stewart's headquarters until it has been decided what we will do with you," Thomas told the blond in a smooth voice, his eyes flashing dark to tell her he was ready to do whatever it takes.

"We aren't doing anything wrong," the blond screamed, hand reaching for something I couldn't quite see from where I was positioned," We're just going through."

I nodded at her hand and Thomas stopped her, restraining her arms behind her back. I grabbed the arm of my mate and we headed back to Stewart's.

__

Lucas was still struggling. Stewart kept talking and talking but all the fighting going on in my head had me ready to rip apart the next person who made a sound but if I did that it would cause war between myself and his allies and grant me a whole fucking pack to watch over and right now all I need is one girl.

November and the blond- they haven't given us her name yet and the system hasn't finished running her prints yet- have been moved to a basement room where they will be interrogated using non lethal means. 

Let me out.

No.

I need to help her.

No.

She knows me. I need to see her.

I snorted internally. You've met her twice and she used you both times. I wouldn't exactly call that a relationship. 

I need to be in control for us to see her. She'll never trust a Beta in the risk of going rouge.

She's a rouge, smart one.

He pushed and pushed as hard as he could, fighting and kicking and screaming for me to let him have control again. I looked for an opportunity to go see her before the Alphas insist on my giving Lucas his control back. I won't be able to fight all 3 of them at once.

I decided on batantcy.

"I'm going to check on them. I need to make sure those Omegas of yours aren't hurting my mate."

"You can trust them, Lucas."

"Lucas might be able to," I looked him in the eyes and straightened," But I can't. If you'll excuse me."

I heard them sigh as I left. My mind wandered back a few lifetimes. Due to Lucas's complete acceptance of the Goddess and his wolf I've been granted the ability to remember everything as far back as 4 lifetimes. We always found each other, mate and I. We always ended up together. I know we can do it again.

We were plantation owners in Georgia and we were merchants in France during the revolution, we lived as simple country folk in Austria and we were once missionaries during the Spanish Inquisition though I can't remember which one.

Georgia was my favorite by far. We had 2 pups and a beautiful house. We threw glorious balls and we ran free on our vast property.

Georgia.

She doesn't remember Georgia. She herself doesn't recognize me. I need to reach out to my mate.

"You can leave," I told some random brunette standing by my mate," I'll take it from here."

"Yes, Beta."

He ducked out and I looked at her again. She didn't look at me.

I couldn't help myself and ducked down to kneel by her, my fingers hooking under her chin and puling her face up to look into mine. The face changed but her eyes are still the same. I can see my beautiful mate staring back at me through them. I remembered her first name.

"Imani..."

Life sparked behind her pupils. Something long forgotten behind the years of her torment from this life. 

"Imani, my love, I am so sorry this life has been so hard to you."

"The name's November," her human replied, "You know that."

"I'm not talking to you," I growled," I'm talking to my mate. Step aside and allow her to speak with me."

"You do know I can't do that, right?"

My eyes ducked and I dropped her face. She was right. If I couldn't see my Imani then there was no way I'd be able to reason with her, to convince her to stay. I stood up and picked her hand up in my own two, holding it tightly as I looked into those sad, frightened eyes. I felt those pesky tears picking at my own eyes. 

Not in this lifetime, I suppose.

"Until we meet again, my love."