XVIII

Lacey's POV

The baby started moving around, a sign that she wanted her daddy. I tried to wiggle my way out of the couch so I could go down the hall in search of my mate. I could sense him the moment I turned the corner. He was in his office.

My lips quirked up. I can't help but smile when I'm around him these days. My little girl is absolutely obsessed with her father and she hasn't even been held by him yet. Jac wasn't nearly this bad, but she's almost worse now. Every time I try to do anything with Mike my sweet little brunette is rushing over to join.

Today she's with Grandma Catherine and Aunt Holly so I don't have to worry about that. 

The door was closed when I came up to it but I could still make out him talking to someone on the phone.

"Yes.. Yes, I understand.... and you have no problem taking them in?"

I opened the door and knocked lightly on the frame. He looked over at me and waved for me to come in even though he wasn't done on the phone just yet. I went over and sat down in the seat opposite his desk, one hand landing on my swollen belly while I watched him stand by the books and do his Alpha thing.

"Well, thank you, Stewart. I really appreciate you taking him in like this...... You'll let me know how far this whole ordeal continues, yes?.... Yes....... Okay.. Alright, I'll see you at the next meeting."

He pressed a button on his phone and ran a hand through his hair. He looked so tired. He's been so tired since Luke left.

"Sit down with me," I suggested, trying to help even a little.

He lifted his tired head to look at me, dark eyes whining from the massive amounts of stress that have been thrown on his shoulders. My heart reached out for him but there isn't much I can do to help relieve it. He has me nearly on house arrest with my pregnancy, doctors appointments throughout the week and bed rest hidden behind every corner. It sucks!

With our first pup he had been bad, with our second he had relaxed a bit until the rouges passed through. I can't blame him, even Holly and Kian requested Gwen spent nights here until the danger was gone and Luke returned.

But when will Luke return?

"What are you two up to," he came over and kneeled by me, his hand gently resting on our child.

"I think we have another daddy's girl."

He was beaming when he glanced up at me before focusing on our second girl. She's so special, our daughter of the Alpha.

"Who were you on the phone with?"

"Alpha Stewart, he called to say that Luke and Thomas have found their way to New York and are staying with him. At least we know where they are now."

"That's good," I smiled, brushing some hair to the side," this is good."

"It'll be good when he finds that damned rouge and brings her back here. I need my Beta back."

"I know, but we can't rush things. She's probably not used to being wanted this way. It must be terrifying for her."

"You think something like this would excite her! She could be the mate of a Beta," he stood up quickly and put his arms out in the air," someone with no home or family could be a part of all of this and all she has to do is let her wolf love my Beta."

He sighed and put his arms down, his head fell down so his chin touched his chest and his eyebrows pulled downward to create a perpetual frown.

I made the struggle to stand up and face him, my stomach not helping in the least. When I finally did make it up he placed his hands on my stomach to steady me. I put my hands on either side of his face to look him in the eyes even though my left eye was covered by dark hair that fell while i got up.

"Sometimes it's not about letting your wolf love them," I tilted my head a bit so he could see both of my eyes," Sometimes it's about learning to love them yourself."

November's POV

"Doctor," I called out, seeing Dr. Hennes standing in the lobby," Dr. Hennes, I was looking for you."

"Oh, you were," he looked up from his clipboard and pushed his glasses up his nose.

"I was. I wanted to thank you so much for letting us come to see Mr. Carlisle on such short notice. I can't imagine what an inconvenience we must be to his treatment."

"On the contrary, I believe your visit has been nothing but helpful to Mr. Carlisle's state of mind. Is there anyway you could make this a more repetitive occurrence," he tapped the top of the clipboard with his pen and grinned at me," scheduled, of course."

"Trust me, sir, I plan on spending much more time with dear uncle West Carlisle.," I pulled the tin out of my bag and opened it, holding it up appealingly," cookie?"

He took one and bit into it.

I shook his hand and smiled my best smile, telling him I was going out to my car to pick up some pictures that my fiance sent me to get. He told me to take my time and turned back to his paperwork.

Isabella and Ajax were waiting outside the doors for me.

"I did it."

"Good."

We went to the taxi that was waiting on the curb. West and Sophia were waiting for us so we could go to the Haven.