The Beta's Mate Ch.30

Here it is Chapter 30! Unedited-sorry!

Gavin or my parents still hadn’t arrived home when I heard a knock on the front door of my house.  I muted the movie I was watching and wiped away my self-pity tears trying to cover up the fact that I was crying. I was surprised when I opened the door and found Mark frowning on my front porch.

“Mark,” I started instantly concerned that something bad happened.

“Oh shit, you’ve been crying. Caleb’s right I’m no better them him.” He rambled. “I was going to find you at lunch and tell you about her but then the whole situation with Caleb he wouldn’t let me near you the rest of the day.”

“Mark, Mark stop,” I cut him off by holding up my hand. “It’s okay really. I understand, it’s just weird being alone. It’s been a while.” I shrug.

“Lana, I want you to know right away that I told her everything after what happened with Caleb in the hall earlier. I explained to her who you are and what you are to me,” He seemed really nervous telling me this like I would be angry with him, but I was actually relieved I didn’t have to explain it to her. I hoped she wasn’t bother. “She uh, she actually wants to meet you. If you don’t mind of course.” I’d never seen a future Alpha so nervous before, I was also a bit surprised she wanted to meet me, her mate’s recent ex-girlfriend.

“Oh uh, okay I guess. When?” I inquired a bit hesitant myself.

“Right now maybe, she’s in the car.” Mark replied looking at the car a proud smile already on his face just knowing his mate in only a few paces away. I follow his gaze but I can’t see her through the tinted windows.  He waved her out of the car, she slowly stood from the car gauging my reaction, but Mark motioned her over again and this time she walked with a bit more confidence.

Mark wrapped an arm around her waist as she approached us, “Lana meet my mate, Hollaways future Luna, Caroline Clarke.”

I gave her a reassuring smile as I held out me hand, “You’re Keane’s sister! Hi I’m Lana Havard.”

She nodded then paused for a second then went all for it and wrapped her arms around me in a bear hug, “Thank you so much!” She said in my ear then backed off. I gave her a puzzled looked then Mark but he had the same reaction.

Caroline noticed the look Mark and I shared a let out a beautiful sounding laugh, “Oh you must think I’m crazy. I just wanted to thank you for taking care of Mark for the past few months; for keeping him out of trouble. He told me about ways before you came along.” She said glaring at him playfully before he gave her an adoring kiss on the head with an almost and embarrassed smile. It was short but tender moment that I had to look away from until it was done.

“You’re welcome I guess. I think we help each other.” It was mine and Mark’s turn to share a moment of understanding.

“He told me about you and your mate Lana. I’m sorry he’s put you through all that shit, you don’t deserve it.” She apologizes.

“No one deserves it.” Mark added looking at me.

I shuffled on my feet embarrassed by their pity for me; I didn’t want it so I changed the subject, “How about we take Caroline for a tour of the territory. For all the talking you’ve seemed to have done about me you can’t have had time to show her around.” I concluded.

“That’s a great idea! Oh please Mark can we go?” Caroline begged.

Mark opened his mouth to answer but I was quick to cut him off, “Caroline, as future Luna you have to know a Luna never asked her Alpha for permission. In the Alpha and Luna’s relationship, in front of their subjects the Alpha’s word is to be undisputed, but alone the Luna wears the pants.” I explain as I hook my arm in hers and take her away from her mate.