The Beta's Mate Ch.3

Both Connor and Keri had biology class with me. “It’s Caleb Foster,” I growled to them as I sat on my stool on the lab bench and the two of them gathered around.

Keri’s jaw dropped while Connor had a sympathetic expression. “And that’s a bad thing why?” Keri asked.

“He told me I wasn’t worthy of him!” I exclaimed at whisper.

“What a-” She started but Connor elbowed her as Caleb and Kyle had walk in. Crap I forgot they were in my class.

“Go ahead Keri, finish your sentence, they need to hear from more people than just me.” I told them loud enough for the two betas to hear.

“Yeah go ahead Keri,” Caleb encouraged threateningly.

“Careful guys,” Kyle said with a warning tone, he seemed relatively calm but it was obvious that he was ready to hold Caleb back.

“What’s going on here,” Miss Steph our teacher said as she walked into the room, it was then that I realize I hadn’t been sitting since the two boys walked in and Caleb and I were in very threatening positions.

“Come on,” Kyle said pulling Caleb away, Caleb let him unwillingly.

“Sorry Miss Steph,” Keri apologized on mine and Caleb’s behalf as I glared at Caleb until he sat down and Connor pushed me down.

I can honestly say I have no idea what happened in class that day. I wasn’t all broken hearted like most girls would be, no I wasn’t most girls. I was pissed off. Why did I get stuck with one of the jerks? I thought I would be lucky and find someone I was at least remotely compatible with. I was mad at the way Caleb had treated me; I wasn’t worthy of him, like he was some kind of god. Psh, far from it.

My last class of the day was music class. I didn’t have any of my friends in this class, in fact there was only one person I talked to in this class and it was the teacher. No one else in the class had anything else in common with me; I guess I always did march to my own beat.

                I played the piano, ever since I was five. My mother always claimed that for a person to be successful they have to play some sort of instrument. Playing the piano was something barely anyone knew about me, except to the people in my class. The extent of my playing was a secret to everyone except my family, not even my friends knew that the pages they handed out to me at school was amateur compared to the music I would work for hours on when I was home alone. I did what I had to in this class, in silence; afraid that if I opened my mouth I would regret what came out.

                Keri was waiting for me outside my classroom when the bell rang; she had gotten out of her Phys. Ed. Class early. “You okay now?” She asked.

                “No.” I stated bluntly, we stopped at her locker which was down the hall from my class.

                “So what are you going to do about it?” She questioned.

                “Easy, go on with my life like he never happened.” I informed her taking some books she handed to me to hold for moment. Suddenly I felt a headache come on out of nowhere, it was so sudden I fell against the locker for support from the nausea that came with it.

                “Lana what’s wrong?” Connor said coming up beside us, taking Keri’s book from me, as the both looked at me with concern.

                “Nothing just a sudden headache.” I told them holding my hand to my head and squeezing my eyes shut trying to rid myself of the pain. After a few minutes it faded and we were able to make it to Connor’s car. “What in the world was that? It just came out of nowhere.” I exclaimed confused.