The Beta's Mate Ch.2

Keri pounced the moment we were in line in the cafeteria. “So is it Mark Fischer?”

                “God no Keri! Geez I would’ve jumped off a bridge already. Although it might be a consideration if I’m right with who I think it is.” I joked.

                “That’s not funny Lana. Really who is it? Jonathan Underwood the Red River alpha, oo that would be bad? Kyle our beta?” Man she was really pushy. I ordered a cheeseburger but didn’t answer her. “So now I’m getting the silent treatment.”

                “No, I’m just trying out some selective hearing.” I admitted as I chose a can of coke.

                “So what does that make me, your mom?” she demanded.

                “No my mom would have let it go long ago.” I said finally paying for my lunch. As we turned towards the tables Connor joined us from the opposite line.

                “How’d your tests go?” He asked, we both glared. “Sorry, I asked.” We grabbed our usual table on the opposite side of the room from the alphas and betas’; I also took care to face away from them.

                “Why do the populars keep looking at us?” Connor asked, I looked up from my burger at him in a panic, crap not like this. “So it is one of them, well that narrows it down.” He concluded from my reaction.

                “What? No! No it’s not.” I retorted.

                “Don’t lie.”

                “I’m not.”

                “We can tell when you’re lying Lana. So just tell us the truth.” Keri interjected.

                “Will you two just let it be? I told you I don’t even know if I’m right.” I scolded as I took a sip of my drink.

                “You could just ask whoever it is now. I mean while their attention is on you anyways.” Keri suggested.

                “That’s it.” I said, I didn’t mean to be rude but I was tired of her pushiness. “I’m going to go for a walk, I’ll talk to you guys later.” I told them as I grabbed the rest of my food and heading for the exit.

                I regretted my decision to leave the cafeteria because once I was out of view from the doors I was surrounded by the populars’ boys. I kept walking trying to be cool about it; I just figured they would veer off once we reached one of their lockers. They didn’t.

                I stopped walking, making whoever was behind me run into my back. “Mark what going on?” I questions as the guy behind me pushed me forward and the guys on either side of me took my coke and burger. “Hey.” I protested trying to get my drink and burger yet, but my burger was thrown into a nearby garbage and my drink downed in a matter of seconds. “You guys owe me-” I was shouting before Jonathan interrupted me.

                “He wants to talk to you.” He said looking down on to me.

                “Who?” I asked playing stupid.

            “If you don’t know who, then you’re a lot dumber then you look.” Jonathan said as we stopped walking. I was just moments too late to realize they were pushing my into a janitors closets.

                “Guys, stop.  What the heck!” I cried trying to get back out but they were too strong. “If you weren’t alpha’s I would kill you guys when I get out of here. You mark my words Mark; I’ll get you back-”

                “Hey,” The surprise voice startled me and I froze for a moment. I slowly turned around and for the second time that day I made eye contact with the person I was made for and destined to be with.                    

              “Caleb,” His name came out as a whisper as I tried to swallow the lump that formed in my throat. I was in shock; I was expecting to have more time to figure out what to say to him. “So, I-I guess you f-f-figured it out too.”

                “Yeah, it wasn’t that hard.” He said nodding while fiddling with some of the janitors tools on the work bench.

                My heart was pounding faster than normal, as if I had just run a marathon as I stood there rocking back and forth on my heels. “What now?” I asked after a few minutes of silence.

                He whipped his head towards me and for the first time I actually time to look my mate over, I’d never had a better reason to look a guy over, might as well take advantage of it. He had chocolate brown eyes, almost the same shade as mine with dark brown hair to match. I could recall that he sometimes spiked his hair but today it was down and fell just above his eyebrows. He had a sharp jaw line and normal guy lips I guess. His biceps where toned and just the right size for a beta wolf; not as large as the alpha but not like any common wolf’s. He was perfect...well visually.

                “What now? Nothing. We go on living our normal lives. Me and my friends living the life and you doing-” He paused for a minute to look me over as if he wasn’t sure about me, “whatever it is you do.”

                I scoffed, “You ignorant prick. Whatever it is I do is just as normal as what you do,” It was my turn to pause as I thought my own words over, “Maybe not as obscene as you but still normal.” I said crossing my arms.

                “So what? That doesn’t make you worthy of me.” It was comments like that, that touches the nerve.   

                “You’re a jack ass.” I sneered and turn around bursting through the door and out into the hallway where all the guys were still waiting. “If fact you and your whole pack can go to hell. You’re all just selfish jerks.”

                “You’re going to talk to your alphas like that?” Caleb asked, oh the nerve of him.

                “I only have one alpha and one beta and that’s Mark and Kyle and I don’t have to give a damn about anyone else.” I caught the glimpse of hurt in his eyes at my statement of only having one beta, I’d finally hit some kind of nerve, the look was gone in a heartbeat but it had done the damage needed, “Just wait, one day you’ll need me and you’ll come crawling right back to me.”

                He scoffed and chuckled dryly as he looked at his friends for support, which they were lacking as they were deciding on the support of their friend or living up to the shame I had put on them.

                I didn’t saying anything more because the bell rang.

A/N: Well here's part two I was going to post it tomorrow but I have rugby starting and I know I won't feel like doing it after practice. Tell me what you all think! Suggest people for characters...I do have a few picked out but I'll take suggestions.

Have a Good Week!