The Beta's Mate Ch.25

What do you get a future Alpha for Christmas? Man I hear it's hard enough to get your boyfriends a Christmas present but when your significant other is both what are you suppose to do?

"Just get him some chocolate and video games, guys love video games." Keri suggests with a shrug.

"But there's nothing personal in chocolate and video games." I complain glancing the rows of video games Keri had dragged me too.

                She suddenly snorted and held up a Sims game, "Get him Sims and then you guys can make the perfect family and perfect life without Caleb around trying to kill you."

                I grabbed the game from her and slammed it back down on the shelf, "Sims is more fun when you torture them." I argue dragging her out of the store.

                "Speaking of getting boyfriend gifts," She starts sounding a little hesitant.

                "What about getting boyfriend problems?" I enquire.

                "IhavetofindoneforConnor." She blurts out really quickly but I hear everything it just doesn't click right away.

                "Why do you have to find one for Connor?" I ask but she is looking at me like I was stupid, "What? OH! Oh..." I caught her drift before squealing and hugging her really tightly, "Congratulations girl! When did this happen?"

                "Actually for a couple months now; no one has known, even our parents were in the dark well until last week.  Connor invited me to go skiing with him, so we both decided it was time to tell you." She told me and I had to take a step back.

                "A couple of months?" I say testing out my feelings about this. Why did they feel like they couldn't tell me? We'd been best friends for forever.

                "Are you mad?" She asked noticing my retreating behaviour, I glanced at her apologetic expression.

                "I don't know." I admit.

                "Please Lana, don't be mad. We just didn't want to rub it in your face with your Caleb problems and then you were having problems with Mark." She pleaded.

                "I think maybe I should go, have fun with Connor I guess." Was I could say before walking away. I didn't want to hear any of her excuses; I would have supported her and Connor no matter was going on in my life but they kept this from me, it wasn't my fault. I stopped in my spot then realizing how stupid I sounded, who cares if they took this long to tell me. I spun back around and ran back to my best friend who was already heading in the other direction with slumped shoulders. "Not giving up on me already are you?" I asked flinging my right arm over her shoulders; she is startled and jumps away looking at me in surprise which quickly turned to confusion over my sudden return. "I'm not going to fight with my best friends because they took forever to tell me they where dating, I'm just going to use it as blackmail." I teased and she smiles.

                "Thank you," She whispers taking her turn to hug me I returned it.

                "Okay enough mushy stuff we both have boyfriends to buy presents for." I tell her spanking her behind to get her moving.

                "Hey!" She exclaimed holding her rear end before we both start laughing.

                I took me another hour of shopping to think of something for Mark, but when I did we had to go somewhere else to get them, well two places. Once place was somewhere I'd never been before and never wanted to go again I was so uncomfortable there, the other smelt like sexy man sweat and had many sexy men to go along with the smell. I think Keri and I had permanent blushes by the time we were finished, what had I gotten myself into?