The Beta's Mate Ch.28

“Welcome back from holidays everyone! Now take a seat. I expect you all had a relaxing time off.” The teacher greeted as she handed out this semester’s reading list.

“Can we start the holidays over?” I grumbled banging my head on my desk.

“What was that Miss Havard?” The teacher demanded, I quickly sat up straighter and gazed around the class to see who had heard my comment. Apparently everyone had because they were all staring at me. “Miss Havard?” The teacher prompted

“I just said I could have done without those three weeks, because I missed English class so much!” I replied with fake enthusiasm, the teacher just rolled her eyes and handed me my papers. I glanced over at Keri who appeared to be about to burst from laughter.

Suddenly the door exploded inwards as a late student entered. “Uh excuse me.” He apologized, blushing like mad. At first I only gave him a second’s glance but then my mind registered his appearance and I had to look at him again. He had beautiful light blonde hair and light eyes I couldn’t tell from a distance whether they were blue or green. He wore a light blue plaid shirt with dark jean that left tons to the imagination but looked utterly delectable on him and I know I had a boyfriend and I shouldn’t be checking another guy out but I could see Keri doing the same from the corner of my eye and she was with Connor! Keri and I met gazes, “Oh my god!” I mouthed to her, she mouthed an “I know back” before we returned our gazes back to him. By this time he was making his way down my aisle and my heart rate picked up when I realized there was a spot beside me.

We made eye contact, blue that was the first thing I noticed, his eyes were blue. The next thing I noticed was his crooked smile when he caught me staring, which I returned eagerly. He finally made it to the desk beside me and was about to sit down when Caleb came up and bumped into the new kid.

“Oh sorry man this is my spot, I was just talking to some friends before class.” Caleb said slipping into the vacant chair beside me. I narrowed my eyes at him, so he decides right now to play the jealous mate?

“Right.” Was all new kid said, I gave him an apologetic face while he looked at me and shrugged with a smirk that held disappointment before walking on to take the seat Caleb had previously been occupying.

I turned my fury on Caleb, “What the heck was that?” I demanded in a harsh whisper.

Caleb seem unfazed by my emotions, “Hey you have a boyfriend and you shouldn’t be undressing someone like that. And he should respect you as well by making sure you are single before undressing you himself.”

“Coming from someone like you.” I accused crossing my arms and slouching in my chair in my anger.

“Hey I’m just looking out for your relationship.” He said. I was screaming at him in my head, how dare he?! I survived class miraculously with Caleb beside me, he wouldn’t stop asking me for help and I gave it, at least he wasn’t being mean to me for once. Once class finished I quickly stood from my seat hoping to introduce myself to the new boy but Caleb was on the ball and made sure to place himself between me and the newcomer. I was forced to exit the class and hopefully catch up with the guy later on as Keri dragged me away to our Chemistry class with Caleb close behind.

I was ecstatic when I discovered the new kid was in this class with us as well, unfortunately all the seats around him where taken by other kids wanting to get to know him. “Miss Harvard did you have a good holiday?” Mr. Cohen asked, did I have “ask me” tattooed to my forehead today? Why were all the teachers calling upon me today! It was like they knew my holiday was shit.

“Uh sure.” I replied, I’m not telling everyone all my business.

Mr. Cohen seemed surprised, “No joke? Are you sure you’re okay Lana?”