CHAPTER SIXTY.

"OK, something is definitely up."

The two bartenders turn to glance at Jungkook, who's studying Jimin with a burning gaze that is almost conspiratory.

"And what the hell are you on about this time?" Taehyung asks, returning to wiping down the bar as they get ready to open up shop. Their resident bouncer has been spending too many hours lately playing detective, and while all the empty threats of murder have been quite entertaining, they are starting to see that there's no way to truly figure out what exactly is going on in Jimin's life unless the man decides to tell them himself.

"I'm not fucking with you. Something's definitely up between Jimin and boss man," Jungkook counters with a huff, pointing at Jimin, who is moving slowly across the floor with a mop in his hands.

"What." Both Taehyung and Seokjin deadpan and stop what they are doing to stare at Jungkook, who still has eyes on Jimin. Jimin, on the other hand, seems completely oblivious to the attention, humming a tune as he mops up the bar, a ghost of a smile playing on his face.

"And where's this even coming from?" Taehyung questions, and Seokjin takes this as a cue to pretend to busy himself with arranging some of the new glasses he had purchased earlier today. Seokjin has an inkling that Jungkook's probably right, judging from what Wonho has told him that night. To be completely honest, he had sort of expected Namjoon to not even go through with it (knowing him) and half expected Namjoon to go back to his mopey self and Jimin to not come in.

That is, until Jimin actually came in on a Saturday that he's supposed to be on that trip on. Seokjin had then studied Namjoon carefully, doing his best to appear as inconspicuous as possible. It's a damn shame that Namjoon's a talented actor, because the bartender couldn't get a damn thing out of him.

Then Jungkook is suddenly picking up on something, and as much as he hates to admit it, Jungkook was almost animalistic when it came to his heightened intuition. Most of the time, the bouncer had no idea exactly what's going on, but he always knew when something was off or different.

And Seokjin can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, that Namjoon had finally taken that step, and maybe, just maybe, that Jimin finally came to his senses.

"Something's just different. The air between them's changed. That weird tension is gone," Jungkook mumbles cryptically in response, eliciting a withering look from Taehyung. The bartender shakes his head and finishes up wiping the surface in front of him and then suddenly jerks his head up as realization hits him full force in the face.

"Wait. Hold up. It's Saturday."

"...Yeah, so?" Jungkook asks, finally tearing his gaze away from Jimin.

"And Jimin didn't go on that trip," Taehyung murmurs, furrowing his brows slowly. "But you didn't even ask him about it," he continues, turning his head to fix a scrutinizing gaze at the other bartender. "Didn't even ask me to ask him."

"So?" Seokjin counters a bit too quickly, and he knows that Taehyung's onto him. Ugh.

"You know something," the other man says with an accusatory point of a finger, just as Jungkook gasps rather dramatically from the other side of the bar.

"No I don't. I just didn't want to meddle," Seokjin tries again, adding in a little shrug that he hopes is even a tiny bit persuasive.