CHAPTER TWENTY THREE.

The party does come to a close, and despite everyone's protest to have Jimin just go home already, the man joins the floor to help with the clean up. The mess is a lot bigger than usual, with confetti and bits and pieces of costume scattered all across the floor, with spilled drinks creating a sticky mess everywhere.

"Jiminie, you're so stubborn," Taehyung mutters as he mops besides the incubus. "By the way, is that boss man's shirt?"

"Oh. Yup. The chains were getting itchy so he helped me take em off and even let me borrow his spare shirt!"

"Did he now...."

"Why?"

"Oh, 'nuthing. Hey, how's your face?"

"It hurts...but I think it'll be alright."

"You scared the shit of everyone by jumping in, man. Boss man wasn't even going to punch the guy and you go ahead and get punched instead...what am I going to do with you."

"...What do you mean?"

"Boss man would never punch someone like that. I mean, we all know that, and I sort of forgot that you might not know that."

"...He wasn't going to punch Jaebum?"

"Of course not. The man wouldn't hurt a fly unless the fly threatened to kill his entire family or something," Taehyung explains nonchalantly and then curses at a particularly sticky patch on the floor. "It was a bit of a scare tactic, you know? So imagine our surprise when you jumped in and got punched instead. You're lucky boss man pulled back. That man's learned boxing. He might's accidentally caved your face in."

Jimin makes a face at the image and then shudders.

"I mean, usually, he wouldn't even have pulled that guy off of you," Taehyung continues, stretching his back momentarily. "But I guess he has a bit of a soft spot for you huh, Jiminie," the bartender continues with a grin, wiggling his eyebrows for good measure and expecting to see the smaller man flushing scarlet. However, he's quickly disappointed when he 

"Nah, I think it's because I'm just so bad at the whole...you know, stuff," Jimin answers with a shrug and then slumps in defeat before continuing with the mop, completely missing the long, drawn-out sigh by the other man.

.

"...Uh......Boss?"

Jimin almost drools out the cereal in his mouth when he finds Namjoon, dressed to perfection as always, standing in front of his door. He had not been expecting a visitor and had been lazying about the house, using his busted face as an excuse to not even brush his teeth or to change out of his boxers and old, ragged, too-big-for-my-body tee he had worn to sleep.

The last time he checked, his hair was sticking out everywhere and half of his face was visibly bigger than the other. He was in a sad tee and an embarrassingly colorful boxers which were given to him as a gag gift about a year ago, probably tiny bits and crumbs of his cereal (and the cheap kind too) at the corners of his mouth.

"You weren't answering my calls or text, so I got worried," Namjoon replies nonchalantly, and if he notices the terrible state Jimin's in, he doesn't show it. The man himself is dressed with a clean cream colored casual shirt, a black coat and a pair of black jeans which, as expected, shows off his long legs as if they need any more showcasing.