CHAPTER NINETEEN.

"I offered because I'm sure."

"What are we eating?" Jimin asks quietly, seemingly still unsure about the idea of extending his stay at the apartment.

"I was thinking of making some pasta."

"You cook?"

"...Yes."

"I didn't know that..." Jimin muses, suddenly distracted by the new piece of information. First tea and now this? It's like he knows nothing about the bar owner other than the fact that he's super hot and super popular.

"I've lived alone since high school. I sort of had to learn how to cook."

"Can I watch?" Jimin asks, suddenly at ease. For some reasons, he hadn't associated the bar owner with anything potentially domestic, and now that he knows , he's curious to see how the man is in the kitchen.

"Sure. It's nothing special though."

"It's OK. Maybe I can learn something. I already told you, I can only make Korean dishes. And uh, I can help if you'd like. You know, like chopping onions or something."

"It's fine," Namjoon replies before slowly heading to the kitchen. He rolls up his sleeves before washing his hands and pulling out a pan from his cabinet. Jimin watches silently as Namjoon fills it with water and sets it aside to boil before he starts taking out everything he needs. In a couple of minutes, the counter is covered in ingredients.

Jimin soon finds himself mesmerized by how Namjoon works in the kitchen, his strong arms cutting the ingredients with ease, only the sound of knife hitting the wooden cutting board ringing through the vicinity. Soon, Namjoon is already cooking up garlic, chopped onions and shrimp in a separate pan, filling up the room with a scent that reminds Jimin just how hungry he is.

"Wow, you're really good," Jimin muses, standing next to the taller man, his eyes practically twinkling.

"You haven't even tasted it," Namjoon answers with a small hint of a smile, tossing the shrimps with ease.

"But I can already tell you're really good. I can't cut anything that quickly," Jimin says and then peers at the bar owner curiously. "Do you cook for your um...boyfriends?"

"Not boyfriends, and no, I don't cook for anyone."

"Oh. Why not? But you're really good."

"Because they're not my boyfriends," Namjoon answers with a shrug, as if it's a clear explanation enough. Jimin scratches his chin with a confused frown.

"Well uh, can you teach me how to make pasta?"

"I thought you were watching the whole thing."

"Yeah, but I didn't bring my notepad with me so I didn't get to write anything down," Jimin admits with a small pout, and to this, Namjoon lets out a small chuckle.

"First I teach you how to kiss and now you're asking me to teach you how to cook."

"Umm, well when you put it that way..."

"It's fine. I guess I can teach you a few, if you're planning on using the information to impress someone. After all, I did say that I will help you with getting a guy, didn't I?"