CHAPTER FIFTY NINE.

"You OK?"

Wonho doesn't even look up at the sound of Seokjin's voice. Instead, he continues to run his index finger across the rim of the almost empty glass in front of him. The ice has already melted for the most part, the droplets of water that used to coat the outside of the glass now creating a small pool on the bar counter he's leaning against.

Seokjin heaves a long sigh before taking one of the seats next to him, and Wonho flashes him a lazy grin that the bartender doesn't find at all persuasive.

"Wonho."

"Hmm?" the man hums slowly as he fixes his eyes back on the glass in front of him. There is a soft cling as one of the ice cubes slide off another and hits the side of the glass.

Wonho had come to the bar just as the place was closing up shop. He walked inside with a barely noticeable smile on his face and asked Seokjin to fix him a drink, and the bartender knew exactly what it must mean. Wonho was perfectly capable of making his own drinks, which meant that alchol was not what the man was seeking.

Seokjin had excused everyone else, and no one had questioned him. They didn't shoot Wonho any questioning or sympathetic look. They simply bid their good-byes, which left only Wonho and the bartender inside the otherwise empty Bulletproof.

Seokjin mixed something sweet for the other man in an attempt to perhaps help alleviate some of the sadness in the other's eyes. It doesn't work as well as he had hoped, but he's not all that surprised. Wonho may be trusting of people, but he had a tendency to keep his problems to himself, and if the man's come all the way to the bar to explicitly ask for companionship, it must be serious.

The bartender has a fairly good idea what it must be about, though.

"Is this about Namjoon?" Seokjin asks, and Wonho doesn't give any verbal reply, but the change in the other's expression is a loud enough answer.

"I told him that he should go for Jimin."

Now, this surprises Seokjin. Not because Wonho knows about Jimin and Namjoon, because hell, everyone knows about the two, but because he had been quite certain that Wonho had come back to Korea for Namjoon. He had witnessed the relationship between the two blossom into something beautiful. He had to watch Namjoon lose a piece of him when Wonho left. Wonho had cried in front of him the day before, murmuring words of apologies directed at exactly who, he's still not sure of, and had asked Seokjin to take good care of Namjoon.

And he knows that Wonho isn't selfish enough to try to get Namjoon again given the circumstances. Especially when it's so easy to see how much in love Namjoon is with Jimin. But everyone else at the bar had stayed out of their way in fear of meddling. He can't imagine what Wonho must have felt to have made the decision to bring the two together, because Wonho looked at Namjoon the same way Namjoon looked at Jimin.

"Told Namjoon that he should stop Jimin from going to that trip with Mingyu."

"They're still together? No, wait, they're still going on that trip?" Seokjin asks, coming to a halt. While no one had explicitly asked Jimin, their assumption had been that the trip must've been canceled, judging from the event of the night.

"I don't know," Wonho replies with a small shrug, and the bartender narrows his eyes slightly at the other man. "All I know is that Namjoon is hell of a lot better than that guy, and Namjoon needed that push."