CHAPTER THIRTY THREE.

"Hey Jimin."

Jimin almost jumps out of his skin when he hears his name being called out. He whips his head around to find Seokjin making his way towards him, his lips curved into a soft smile and his head tilted slightly to the side as if asking him what he's doing.

"Oh, I thought you were sleeping," Jimin breathes out with a hand over his chest.

"Ah, sorry, didn't mean to scare you," the bartender apologize, holding both his hands up. He takes a few more steps forward until he finds a spot on the log besides Jimin. "What are you doing here all by yourself?" he asks softly, watching the fire flickering before him.

"Just wanted to see the stars and enjoy the campfire for a bit longer," Jimin answers with a smile, looking up at the sky again. They sit together in silence before Jimin remembers something and turns to glance at the bartender again. "How come you're not sleeping?"

"Mmm, too much napping," Seokjin replies with a shrug, hoping that the smaller man doesn't see through the lie. The truth is, he's tired. He spent the entire day freaking out about almost losing his best friend and Jimin, who he's come to adore just as much as everyone else, and that had definitely taken a toll on his body. Yet he can't think of any better time to speak to Jimin one-on-one, which is something he's been meaning to do for a while.

And really, now that he can physically see his best friend falling for Jimin, he doesn't think he can wait any longer. Don't get him wrong. Seokjin normally stays clear of meddling into people's affairs. He's always been a firm believer in letting shit happen, and if it really does go to shit, then tough luck, shit happens...but not this. Not because he doesn't trust Jimin (the man probably can't even hurt a fly without guilt tripping himself for a solid week) or because Namjoon is reckless (if anything, the man is a complete opposite of that), but because...well, despite Namjoon's track record, he doesn't want his best friend to hurt himself inadvertently.

"So, Jimin," Seokjin begins inconspicuously, choosing his words carefully. "It's been a while since you started working at Bulletproof. How are you finding it?"

"It's amazing. I mean...I didn't I would like it so much but...everyone's so nice and it's always so fun, you know?"

"Even with the getting slapped and punched in the face?" Seokjin jokes with a grin, and Jimin lulls his head back in quick laughter.

"Yeah, even that I guess."

"I....want to thank you."

"Hmm?"

"Thank you for saving Joonie."

"Oh, that, that's just-"

"No Jimin. You don't understand. Namjoon is my best friend. He's like a brother to me...and I can't imagine ever losing him like that. I almost did...but you saved him. You risked your own life to save him, so thank you."

"....."

"Namjoon may seem tough and...even distant sometimes," Seokjin continues slowly. "but he's a really great guy. Probably the best guy I've ever seen."

"I know," Jimin replies, and the certainty and degree of conviction in the man's tone puts Seokjin's mind at relative ease. He knows how easy it is to overlook the person Namjoon is when he's so clouded in his reputation he had built for himself. He will never force Jimin or Namjoon to give each other a chance. That went against every fiber of his being, but he wants Jimin to truly know who Kim Namjoon is before making any kind of decision.