CHAPTER THIRTY TWO.

"I want to live here forever," Jimin whispers a good few minutes later, and Namjoon slowly lets go of the man's hand, suddenly aware of their adjoined fingers. He's hesitant to let Jimin's hand go, but he pulls his fingers away, feeling that he's overstayed his welcome in a way. Jimin hadn't made any attempt to unlock their fingers or given him any indication of displeasure, but Namjoon figures Jimin's just being...Jimin. Being too nice and considerate as always.

"Any more than a few days and it gets boring," Namjoon replies equally quietly, scanning the nearly dizzying array of stars above them. And he's not lying. A few days away from Seoul is what his soul needs on a regular basis, but any prolonged period of time here and he grows almost restless at the stillness surrounding him. Perhaps he's grown too accustomed to the bustling city life or the loud bass of Bulletproof, but he can't imagine staying here for any more than week.

But maybe not Jimin. Jimin seems to be the type to keep himself busy in that cozy summer home, going out of his way to fish something out of the nearby river and sitting huddled in front of a small fire every night before going to sleep. The thought is strangely endearing, and Namjoon is barely able to stop the puff of laughter threatening to escape his lips.

"Yeah?" the smaller man lets out with a hint of a pleasant ring in his voice. "I can't imagine ever getting tired to seeing something this beautiful," he continues, as expected, and this time, Namjoon lets himself smile back. "Maybe I'm not made for all that big city living."

"That's not a bad thing. Honestly, nothing all that good about living in the busiest part of Seoul," Namjoon tries to comfort the other with his nonchalant tone and shrug. And again, he isn't lying. As much as he doesn't think he can live here for more than a week, he doesn't exactly love living in Seoul either. He's yet to find a middle ground, if it even exists in the first place.

".....Yeah, maybe..."

"......"

"Boss?"

"...Yeah?"

"Can you tell me about what you were like when you were in...I dunno, high school?"

"....What do you mean?"

"Well...I guess I'm just curious what you were like as a student. I just...I can't really picture you as anything other than what you are now," Jimin continues, glancing at the bar owner sitting next to him. Namjoon returns the look before staring at the cackling fire in front of him.

The bar owner purses his lips, uncertain of how to answer the particular question. The fact of the matter is, Namjoon hadn't thought about his past much since leaving it behind. That's not to say that his life as a student was horrible. No, nothing like that. It's just that there existed a clear division between his life back than and his life now, and his current status as a bar owner had kept him too busy to revisit that part of him.

And he's not exactly sure what Jimin wants to hear from him.

"Oh, I didn't mean anything bad by it, I swear!" Jimin blurts out in a panicked tone, mistaking the other man's silence for something else entirely. "I mean, you're just so cool and...grown-up? Does that make sense?"

"I wasn't offended," Namjoon replied, forcing a smile onto his face in an attempt to calm the other down. "I'm just not sure what to tell you. I didn't really stand out all that much. Wasn't anyone that special."