In the blink of an eye

The next morning Landin was laying in bed asleep when his phone started to ring on the dresser next to him.

"Ugh," he groaned as he turned over and grabbed his phone.

"Hello.," he said groggily.

"Watkins I need you to come in early there's something important to discuss."

"Ok I'll be in soon," He said then hung up the phone.

As he sat up, he noticed Prada was laying in bed next to him he just assumed she made her way back to the guest bedroom.

He got up out of bed and made his way to the shower and started getting ready.

After he finished getting ready and was in his police uniform, he grabbed his keys wallet and badge then made his way downstairs.

While walking downstairs, he could smell food cooking as he got closer the smell was coming from the kitchen.

As he went into the kitchen, he saw Prada standing at the counter by the stove plopping strawberry in her mouth.

He noticed the plastic shopping bags on the kitchen counter.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Cooking breakfast duh.."

She walked over to the fridge and grabbed some orange juice.

"I was, and you didn't have no food... that was, so I went to the store." She said pouring her self a glass.

"You want a plate?" she asked with a grin.

Even though the smell of pancakes and bacon was tempting, he didn't want to be late for work.

He shook his head.

"I'll take a rain check on breakfast got to go in early." He told her.

"Ok more for me then." Prada shrugged and fixed herself a plate with no shame.

"Ok well I'll see you later," Landon said awkwardly then he quickly made his way out of the house.

***

Flashing cameras, police radios were the only things that could be heard as Landon stood alongside other officers and detectives in the back alley of a local bar called Ping looking at the mauled bloody corpse that was laying on the ground at his feet.

"Reports say that he murdered in the early hours." The captain of the police said.

Landon looked at the mangled corpse in front of him the mad seemed familiar to him.

"Mike Andonis or better known as Big Mike he was one of the cities drug dealers and was highly feared."

"Maybe someone did it out of revenge ."

"No his murder is much deeper than that."

"This looks like an animal attack."

Landon stood by quietly as everyone was debating about how the murder happened.

As he was looking at the body, he realized that the man in front of him was the same man who was staring at him and Prada the other night the same man that tried to have Prada killed.

He couldn't explain it, but he had a feeling of accomplishment.

You did the right thing was the only thought that popped into his mind.

"Maybe we should just leave this case where it is the guy was clearly trouble now he's off the streets, and there's no evidence saying it was anything it was anything but an animal attack." He spoke up.

Everyone looked at him Yolanda who was standing across from him gave him a surprised looked.

Landon just kept a straight face.

Later as Landon was about to walk out of the station, Yolanda caught up to him.

"What was that about?" she asked.

Landon shrugged.

One bade guy gone off the streets, that's one less problem right."

He casually as he opened his car door got in and drove off.

Landon's definitely acting different. 🤔

Mike ends up dead accident yes or No?