Can't sleep

Two weeks later

"So it's agreed that Officer Adams death was accidental."

The chief of police announced standing in the middle of the meeting room he had just finished showing the grizzly photos.

Everyone was quiet for a moment taking in what their eyes just saw.

Landon who was standing beside Yolanda felt nothing but guilt eating at him.

No one thought that Troy would go from missing to dead in such a short amount of time especially like this.

"I don't think my husband's death should be ruled as accidental he was clearly attacked.. and we need to find out who did this," Yolanda spoke up.

"From the photos, he was clearly attacked by an animal and his car at the side of the road outside of city limits." Another officer explained.

"Doesn't that sound suspicious to you?" Yolanda questioned the chief police.

He shook his head

"Everything has already been looked over, and an animal attacked officer Adams on the side of the road outside the city." He explained.

"I just think.."

"Mrs. Adams I'm sorry for your loss we all are, and officer Adams death affected all us, but I'm not wasting any more time or resources on a case that's already been answered."

Yolanda shook her head and walked out not saying anything.

Landon ran behind her.

"What are doing?"he asked catching up to her in the parking lot about to get into her car.

She glared at him.

"I'm not going to stand there and be told that the death of my husband doesn't mean anything.. but if it were a white man, we would have the whole fucking swat team involved." She scoffed.

Landon ignored her comment.

"Come on I mean he was attacked animals are always out especially late at night," Landon explained still trying to make sense of the situation.

Yolanda arched her brow.

"Did he tell you where he was going that night?" She asked.

"Nope he didn't tell me he was going anywhere I assumed he was going home."

Yolanda said nothing got into her car and drove off leaving Landon standing in the middle of the parking lot he could feel eyes of the other officers watching him.

***

That night Landon was laying in bed tossing and turning in his sleep.

The sky was dark all that could be seen was trees the sound of crows echoed in the wind. A car sped down the road which came to a halt as it crashed into something.

Troy turned off the car and got out to unable to clearly see due to the darkness a glimpse of moonlight shined down for him to see a black ball of fur.

"Oh shit I hit an animal!" he said looking down at it.

He pulled out his phone walked off and was about to make a call. When he turned around, he saw dark red eyes and the ball of fur was no longer on the ground and was much bigger.

Troy's eyes widened before he could do anything the creature instantly attacked him.

All that could be heard was his blood curdling screams as everything became black.