Quiet Concerns

A week later

Prada was at the doctor's office laying on an examination table Landon was sitting beside her it was so silent Landon dropped his pen, and the sound echoed through the room.

Prada was staring at a poster of a woman smiling and holding a baby.

She sighed.

Landon looked up from his National Geographic magazine.

"Is everything ok?" he asked.

Prada nodded.

She actually came to terms about the pregnancy but it still felt like a surprise to her.

"Yea I'm fine just waiting for the doctor to get here."

She paused.

"What time is it?" she asked changing the subject.

Landon pulled out his phone and looked at the screen.

"2:45"

Prada crossed her arms.

"Shit I gotta be at work by four."

Landon looked at her.

"Prada...."

The door opened, and middle aged woman with blonde hair wearing a white coat walked into the room.

Landon's eyes grew wide, and his face turned red when he realized his mom was Prada's doctor.

Landon's mom did a quick glance at him and Prada then her eyes went over to Prada.

"Ok sweetie lift your shirt up so we can get a look at the baby," she said while sitting up the ultrasound machine.

Prada lifted up her red work shirt and exposed her stomach along with her diamond belly button ring.

Once the machine was set up the doctor went over to Prada while Landon moved his chair closer so he could get a better view of the screen.

"If you look here you can see the baby." Landon's mom said showing them a little black screen with a grey dot.

"How far along am..." I Prada asked

She looked at the screen.

"Your ten weeks."

Prada knew her baby is Landon's for sure now.

"Are you guys excited?" the doctor smiled looking over at both of them.

Prada and Landon were quiet for a minute waiting to see who responds first.

"Yea... we are it's just really surprising..." Prada in a desperate attempt to not kill the mood.

"What's the due date?" Landon spoke up.

She looked at the screen once again.

"November 14," she told him.

Landon sat back in his seat.

It was confirmed he is going to be a dad.

"Would guys like a picture?"

Prada nodded.

"Yea we would," Landon spoke up.

***

After the doctors appointment Landon and Prada were in the car driving down the road.

"Are you sure you should be working?"
Landon asked looking over at Prada in the passenger seat.

"Yea I told I'm fine I'm not too far along yet." She told him.

He sighed.

"If anything happens you'll call me right I mean even though I'm working tonight I still can pull up if needed." Landon was rambling nervously.

Prada smirked she kind of found Landon's concern to be cute.

He pulled up to the restaurant.

"Yes I will call you if anything happenes but don't worry I'll.... I mean we will be fine." She smiled trying to reassure him.

Landon placed his hand on her stomach.

"I'm just sure," he grinned.

Prada bit her lip and looked away.

"Yea so I'll talk to you later," she said getting her things and getting out of the car and walking into the restaurant.

Landon could help but do a small chuckle he definitely knew the next nine months were going to be interesting.

This pregnancy is definitely going to be interesting 😄

What y'all think of Prada and Landon so far?