CHAPTER SEVENTY.

The news that swept the nation involving both Congressman Lee and his son had caught both Jungkook and Jimin blindsided. He was suddenly seeing his partner's face plastered everywhere and hearing news about his station.

And the news makes him wonder if he ever really knew his partner at all. Yoongi knew so much about him, down to the strange habits he had developed over the course of working as a police officer. The man knew just about everything about his family and even the dates he went on with Jimin. Yet, now it feels as if he doesn't know anything other than the fact that Min Yoongi is a damn good officer and an even better partner.

Hell, he doesn't even know why Min Yoongi is Min Yoongi. Why isn't he Lee Yoongi? Or why isn't it Congressman Min? Are those two even related? Jungkook only accepts that they must be because of the striking resemblance between the two, but he still can't, for the life of him, figure out why they have different last names and while Min Yoongi is suddenly Lee Yoongi on TV.

The media frenzy continues as investigation surrounding Jeon Gyuyong and Jeon Wonwoo begins in full force, and Jungkook doesn't have to think long and hard to arrive at the conclusion that Min Yoongi must be doing everything for the station.

The man looks damn miserable as he stands in the background when Congressman Lee is speaking, when he thinks that the cameras aren't focused on him.

"You asshole," Jungkook mutters under his breath as he watches Yoongi standing with his eyes hollow and his cheeks sunken. It was such a Min Yoongi shit to pull, to take one for the team. He's not sure exactly what sort of a deal went down between the presidential candidate and Yoongi or what kind of a relationship the two share, but he knows for a fact that it must be far from pleasant judging from his partner's current state.

And now he's remembering Yoongi telling him to be careful when dealing with powerful people like Jeon Gyuyong, and he wishes that he would've pried into it instead of just...brushing it off. Would things have gone differently if he knew about Yoongi's background?

".....I wish I could call Hoseok....Maybe he knows what's going on," Jimin murmurs besides him, chewing on his nails and looking every bit nervous as he continues to stare at the screen in front of him. Both of them were relocated to a temporary apartment with the help of both Hongbin and Sungjae (Jungkook can't complain, because he's not ready to return to his original apartment just yet). They also made sure to never contact anyone outside of the station in fear of either exposing their location or of accidentally putting someone in danger.

Jimin had been wanting to call Hoseok to see if the man is OK, but he had refrained from doing so in fear of sending Hoseok in harm's way...and to make things worse, Hoseok wasn't making any effort to contact him either, which just about sends him over the edge. Had something already happened to Hoseok? No one at the station had said anything about something happening to the man, but they weren't able to confirm that nothing hadn't happened either.

"Not yet...I mean, from the looks of it, it seems that those assholes are going to jail soon. We should probably wait until that's settled..."

"You're right...I know you're right, but what if somethihng already happened to Hoseok?"

"I don't think so. You think Min Yoongi would be standing right there if something had happened? He'd burn the entire planet down before he lets Hoseok be hurt," Jungkook replies in an attempt to comfort his boyfriend, internally wondering if Hoseok played any role in whatever is happening.