CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN.

"Kim Taehyung, Kim Namjoon, Get your asses out here unless you both want to be late!" Seokjin's booming voice rings through the entire apartment, just as Taehyung emerges from his room, his hair still a mess and the buttons of his uniform not even done all the way. Seokjin clicks his tongue disapprovingly but goes back to his bowl of cereal.

"Tae, eat your breakfast and brush your hair," the man continues as he listens to Taehyung taking a seat besides him.

"But dad...I'm running late," Taehyung whines and then curses under his breath when he manages to spill some milk onto his uniform with the first spoonful of his cereal. Seokjin throws the teen a pointed look before handing him a napkin.

"And I won't have my son going in public with that hair. What time did you even sleep anyway?"

"...Not that late."

"You and Joon, I swear, are the worst liars I've ever seen," Seokjin mutters before hollering for Namjoon to come to the table quickly if he wants to get to work on time. "And I'm confiscating your phone if you keep sleeping late like that," the teacher continues, taking Taehyung's phone which has been lying on the table for the past few minutes. "Don't think I don't know you're in that room all texty texty."

"Dad! Come on!"

"No come on. What do you do all day on that phone anyway? You got a special thing going on with a special someone?" Seokjin teases, wiggling his eyebrows, and Taehyung goes scarlet red before snatching the device out of the man's hand.

"Dad!"

"Oh, so who is it?"

"...Nobody."

"Joon! Taehyung has a crush, can you believe it!" Seokjin yells just as Namjoon enters the kitchen, his eyes wide at the booming sound. Namjoon, who's already dressed in his usual shirt and black slacks takes a seat at the table as well and reaches for the yellow box of cereal.

"Oh? On who?" Namjoon asks, pouring some of the cereal onto his quite oversized blue bowl.

"I hate both of you."

"Is that really something you should say to your dads," Seokjin continues with a grin, and Taehyung rolls his eyes before shoving another spoonful into his mouth. "Come on, you can tell us. We're cool dads, remember?"

"No way. The last time I told you guys, dad tried to do a background check, so no thank you."

"I was just looking out for you!" Namjoon counters with an indignant huff, pretending to be hurt by the accusation. "You used to be so cute. What happened to you."

"Ugh. Dad."

"You really were so cute," Seokjin coos, pinching Taehyung's cheek and shaking it around a couple times before the teen pulls back with a scowl. "You used to walk around holding my hand and now you're all grown up and-"

"Why are you guys like this," Taehyung mutters and receives a flick to his forehead from Seokjin. He lets out a small "ow!" before rubbing his forehead and then straightening up once he remembers something.

"Oh, by the way, I'm going to be late today. Because um...studying..."

"Tae, why do you even bother lying when you're so bad at it," Seokjin laments, elicting a low chuckle from the captain.

"I did not raise my son to be a liar," Namjoon adds on, finally looking up from his cereal, but there isn't any actual anger in the words. They all know that Taehyung never lies, unless it has something to do with dating, because as the boy has said, Namjoon had a tendency to be overprotective while Seokjin liked to be embarrassing just to enjoy the flustered look on the teen's face.

".....I dunno, but it was worth a shot," Taehyung accepts his defeat with a sigh, his shoulders slumped and his lower lip jutted out.

"What do you have planned? Movies? Dinner? Do you need some more allowance money to take him or her out for a nice dinner?" Seokjin teases, and Taehyung only rolls his eyes, not even dignifying it with a response. Instead, he takes his empty bowl to the sink and dumps it in there before turning to both his dads and announcing "I'm off now!" Seokjin quickly yells "Kim Taehyung! Your hair!" but it's quickly ignored as Taehyung bolts out the apartment.

For Namjoon and Seokjin, staying together came as naturally as breathing. They hadn't made any attempt to hold an actual wedding or try to make anything "official". As time went by, even as they watched Jungkook and Jimin get married in one of the most beautiful weddings they have ever witnessed, they remained what they have always been.

With passing years, Taehyung eventually grasped the concept of sexuality, and against their concerns of the boy opposing the relationship, Taehyung had remained more or less the same, simply accepting the fact that now he had two dads. The only problem they ran into was how Taehyung should address the two, and after going through possible options such as daddy, pops, papa and more, they eventually settled for "dad" for both. Taehyung somehow found a way to make the the distinction by elongating the a in the case of Seokjin and keeping it short for Namjoon, and now no one needed any clarification as to who's being referred to.

"Our boy is all grown up," Seokjin says dramatically before kissing the other man's temple. Namjoon smiles lazily before shoving another spoonful of cereal into his mouth. "Hey, everyone's still up for dinner next week, right?"

"What dinner?"

"You know, with the station."

"Oh shit, I forgot about that."

"What will you do without me?"

"That's why I have you right here with me."

"You're such a sweet-talker, Kim Namjoon."

"Only to you."

"Better be."