CHAPTER ELEVEN.

Seokjin's never had an out of body experience, but he's quite certain that he's having one right this moment. He's sure there is a polite smile on his face, because that's the last thing he had on and he hasn't been able to move a muscle since. The woman is staring at him now, and it finally hits him where he's seen those eyes before. They were just as big and expressive as Taehyung's, and something in Seokjin's gut just twists at the realization.

Seokjin's not sure what he had expected. He's heard stories about the woman from Namjoon. He's always known that she had a fierce personality and was always the louder of the two. For some reason, he had imagined a tall woman with jet black hair and skin as pale as snow, with a commanding voice. Yet, Taehyung's mother in the flesh was none of those things. He can see so much of Taehyung's gentle features on her face, and the thought makes him feel a bit sick inside. Never had he expected to associate Taehyung with anything that could possibly make him feel the way he does now...because the boy had always, without fail, represented everything beautiful, pure and innocent.

"Oh, I wasn't aware Taehyung had a mother," Seokjin begins slowly with a mock look of surprise, recovering just as quickly as the shock hit him. Years of dealing with his sexuality and with aggressive, downright insane parents have taught him to just "deal with it," because in the end, what other choice does he have?

The woman narrows her eyes at him, so Seokjin puts a hand over his chest, pretending to be flustered.

"Oh, where are my manners. I'm so sorry. I'm Taehyung's homeroom teacher, and Taehyung's always told me that he lives with just his dad, so I guess I wasn't expecting to ever see you," he continues with a fake, sweet smile. He can vaguely make out Namjoon staring at him with his jaws slack, but he can't focus on his boyfriend right now when he has to direct all his energy to not physically throwing the woman out of their home.

She might be a nice person deep down. She might be saving abandoned puppies in her free time or working for world peace, but none of that matters, because Seokjin decides to hate her solely on the fact that she dared to abandon Namjoon and Taehyung. The two are his family now, and he's not about to let anyone, Taehyung's mother or not, come and ruin it. He's done with taking a step back. He's done with having to let things go only because "it's just the way it is."

"And what is Taehyung's teacher doing here?" Harin asks in a clipped tone, looking obviously disgruntled about the teacher's presence, and Seokjin has to fight the urge to flash his middle finger right at her face, because he can't believe that she is daring to accuse him of his presence when she's the one who marched in without an invitation.

"That's none of your business," Namjoon steps in, his tone harsh and his eyes fixed into a cold, hard stare. The petite woman doesn't seem at all affected by the glower, and Seokjin finally understands what his boyfriend had meant about her strong personality. "You shouldn't even be here," he continues, and she finally turns to look at him, her eyes calm and collected.

"And why shouldn't I be. I'm Taehyung's mother. Where is he?" she counters, crossing her arms in front of her, her petite figure suddenly looking much bigger.

"You're not his mother. You abandoned him years ago. You don't deserve to see him now, or ever."

"I'm his mother, Namjoon. Nothing changes that, and you did this. You were never around home for me or my son, and that's why I had to leave you," she spits angrily, and Seokjin scrunches up his face at the audacity of the woman in front of him. How dare she. Seokjin has heard too much from Namjoon to know that a small part of the officer always believed that he could've done better to keep his family together, and now the woman was using that against him.

Seokjin's eyes immediately fly to Namjoon, and his heart drops at the other's expression. Namjoon looks utterly broken, and this enrages Seokjin to a point where he's not entirely sure that he can keep up the facade anymore. She was manipulative. Conniving. And while Seokjin might stand down for the woman being hysterial and ruining a perfect "date night," he will not stand around and let her ruin Namjoon as a person. He's about to let his claws out, and when that happens, even the officer won't be able to stop him.

"You kept me away from my own son, Kim Namjoon, so don't you dare turn this around and attack me! And sir, can you please just give us some privacy?" she continues, glaring at Seokjin now, and Seokjin raises his eyebrows at the sudden outburst.

"That depends, if Mr. Kim wants it," Seokjin answers instead of just slapping her across the face and getting it over with, woman or not, keeping his voice leveled and maintaining the same fake smile he's been wearing since their interaction.

"He stays. You're not welcomed here anymore, Joo Harin. Now leave," Namjoon answers for Seokjin, taking a menacing step forward. Seokjin can clearly see that his boyfriend is losing his patience really quickly, with the way his chin is jutting out and his hands are balled up into fists besides him.

"You can't do this, Namjoon. I'm his mother."

"No you're not. You cheated. You left. You don't get a say in any of this. Now. Leave."

Harin stops, glancing back and forth between the two men before storming out of the apartment, and only when the door slams shut can Seokjin finally let go of the smile and let out a strangled noise.

"What the fuck!" Seokjin hisses out and then reaches out to check on his boyfriend. "Joon, are you OK?

"I'm sorry...I didn't-"

"Why are you apologizing? You have nothing to apologize for."

Namjoon's hand is shaking in Seokjin's, and the teacher isn't sure if it is out of shock or adrenaline wearing off. He doesn't say anything about it though. Instead, he guides his boyfriend towards the couch and helps him sit down before sitting besides him.

"Joon. Look at me," Seokjin says after a few minutes of silence. The officer looks up warily, pain so clear in his eyes that it makes the teacher's chest tighten. "Joon. Tell me right now that you don't believe anything that woman just said to you."

"....Jin..."

"I mean it, Namjoon. You didn't do anything wrong. She cheated on you. She walked out of your and Taehyung's life. She doesn't deserve to have Tae back in her life, and you don't owe her anything. Do you understand me?"

To this, Namjoon nods slowly, and Seokjin leans forward to kiss the other man's temple. They were going to be alright. Nothing was going to ruin what they have now...right?