CHAPTER THIRTY NINE.

Yoongi, in all honesty, did not expect to see Jihoon again, especially considering the hostility of their last encounter. However, he finds the man standing in front of his apartment, his back against the metal door. Yoongi approaches his apartment slowly, thankful that Hoseok is still at practice and won't have to deal with this shit.

The fact is, he hasn't told Hoseok about his past or his past haunting him again. Yoongi's not sure why he's struggling to initiate the conversation, considering that he's made a promise to himself to be more straightforward and honest with his boyfriend. Perhaps a part of him is scared that Hoseok might not want him anymore once he finds out. Hoseok may be the sweetest and the most understanding person he's ever met, but the man also had issues when it came to being involved in potentially dangerous situations...and in all honesty, he doesn't want to lose Hoseok. Not now. Not ever.

"I remember telling you I'm going to break your neck the next time we see each other," Yoongi growls lowly when he's mere inches away from the smaller man, getting ready to physically the drag the man out of the building if he needs to.

"I'm sure your boyfriend wouldn't appreciate his boyfriend ending up in jail for the rest of his life," Jihoon answers without missing a beat, his eyes crinkled in amusement.

".....What the fuck do you want."

"I don't want anything. I'm just the messenger, remember?" Jihoon replies calmly with a small smile that reminds Yoongi too much of his father. The man always wore that sickly professional smile around when he was in public, no matter what he was doing or who he was speaking to.

"I'm not letting him go. I don't care what bullshit that man has planned, but I'm not backing out, so why don't you be a good messenger boy and relay that," Yoongi counters, not even bothering to hide the scathing undertone of his voice. He doesn't care anymore if it gives Jihoon the satisfaction of knowing that he's managed to rile him up. If that's the case, so be it, because he's betting on being hostile enough to make the man just leave.

"Oh," Jihoon raises his eyebrows and then begins chuckling dryly. "You think...You actually think father cares about who you're dating?"

"........."

"Hyung, you've really lost touch, haven't you? And to think that you were the promising one..." Jihoon continues between humorless chuckles. Yoongi narrows his eyes at the other man's last words. He knows that his father had high hopes for him. Even Yoongi himself thought that he'd jump into politics one day.

".....What do you want," the officer questions harshly, quickly losing his patience.

"Again, I don't want anything from you, hyung."

"Stop fucking around and just answer."

"....You know, I came here to tell you, but...this is just disappointing. Don't worry about it though, you'll figure it out in a couple of days. Well, I guess I'll let you be. I'm assuming your boyfriend is due soon. Take care, hyung," Jihoon answers blithely and proceeds to walk past Yoongi.

"You really want all that wealth and power that badly?" Yoongi calls out, his eyes still fixed on where Jihoon used to be standing only a moment ago. "To become that man's puppet? His little messenger boy?"

"....Maybe I do."

-

"Why are you reading articles on bipolar disorder?" Jackson asks and then scowls when Jungkook jumps from his seat to slap a hand over the other man's mouth. Jackson immediately tries to break free, making a face at the sensation of Jeon's hand anywhere near his face.