CHAPTER FORTY THREE.

"Guys, I heard back from the guy and found some stuff on Kim," Hongbin announces as he drops a folder onto Sungjae's desk. "And you guys are not going to like it." Sungjae takes it and opens it carefully, his eyes quickly scanning over the words as other rush towards him.

The first sheet of paper has basics about Kim Mingyu. His hometown, birthday, his family. His parents lived in a much more rural part of Korea. His father used to work in Seoul before a car accident which left him unable to work anymore. They then moved quite far away from Seoul to farm and basically retire early. Mingyu had no sibling or any other close relative.

As soon as Sungjae flipped the page, the mood in the station quickly shifted. It was a doctor's report with Mingyu's name and date going back to a little less than a year ago. The officers are quickly able to make out the words "blunt head trauma" and "Flunitrazepam, diazepam, diprovan" before Jackson's blurting out "What the hell is flu-fluni and the dia...what the fuck are all these?"

"Flunitrazepam and diazapam," Hongbin begins slowly, his voice grave. "Sedative better known as rohypnol and valium. The last one is propofol. Used for general anesthesia."

"Wait, what?" Jungkook hisses out, jerking his head up to stare at the other man. "Rohypnol? Like roofie?"

"It says here that they found traces of all three in his system," Sungjae reads, his frown deepening. "I don't understand...all three are basically different sedatives...and not something people can just get their hands on."

"What else does it say?"

"Wait, this doesn't make any sense," Sungjae continues after shifting through the rest of the file. "Lee, is this it? This is all they found?"

"Yeah. I thought it was strange too, so I made him look into it, but...that's it."

"Guys, what are we talking about?" Jungkook asks out of frsutration, not appreciating being kept ouf of the light.

"There is no police report. All these drugs found in his system and blunt head trauma and you're telling me no one investigated this? No one at his station bothered looking into this?" Sungjae explains, flipping through the pages.

"I even looked for records myself, but no. None. There was nothing. And look at the last page."

"What in hell...?"

"Yeah...and get this. He was never from Jongro station. He wasn't even in Seoul. He was in Ilsan 6 months ago and then came here. There is a 6 months gap where he just...doesn't belong to any station. And something's off about his record. It says he took a week long holiday break, and it goes straight to his badge being taken away."

"It says here for...insubordination."

"Yeah, but there is no record of exactly what he did wrong, and insubordination following a week long holiday? Which started on the day of the hospital visit?"

"Hey, Jeon, are you OK?" Yoongi asks, noticing Jungkook's who's fallen completely silent besides him.

"...Yeah...just..." Jungkook mutters under his breath, rubbing at his own wrists subconsciously. Flashes of waking up at the abandoned factory, the sharp sound of guns going off and watching blood trickle out of Namjoon's body come all at once, and Jungkook doesn't realize that he's shaking until he feels Jackson's hands on his shoulders.