CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN.

When Jungkook does manage to calm himself down enough to actually think again, it doesn't take him long to figure out that he's in a hospital, lying on one of its beds with an IV intact. He glances at the clear fluid dripping down towards his veins before finally turning his head around to see Yoongi reading something on his phone. His usually well-kept partner looks worn out, his brows furrowed deeply and his lips fixed into a thin line.

"....Min.."

Yoongi immediately looks up from the screen and then puts his phone away once he sees his partner blinking owlishly at him.

"Jeon. How are you feeling?"

"....Tired...What day is it?" Jungkook asks, hoping that not too much time has passed by, because he knows that Wonwoo's arrest must have triggered a cascade of events that promised destruction and chaos. What if something were to have happened to Jimin or the station while he was out?

"Still Monday. Late, but still Monday," Yoongi says solemnly before letting out a long, frustrated sigh. "Can't you go one fucking year without getting yourself into shit like this?" he asks, and despite the tone, Jungkook can see how much the other man is shaken up by the events of the day. Yoongi looks almost...fragile as he sits besides him, his skin ashen and his lips dry.

"Where's Jimin? is he OK?"

"Yeah," Yoongi answers rubbing his eyes roughly with the palms of his hands. "He's going through some additional tests. He didn't want to go until you were awake, but I made him go."

"He's OK though, right?" Jungkook asks shakily, his mind running through all the possible reasons for why Jimin might need additional tests.

"I told you. I mean, they're just running extra tests just in case, because the captain wants to make sure. You know how he can get."

"...I see...Umm...Min...I'm alive...right?"

"Yeah, and next time you get yourself in trouble, I'm personally going to kill you myself," Yoongi growls and then looks away quickly. Jungkook watches the other officer stare off into space, his face hidden from his line of vision. The silence between stretches on for a brief moment before Jungkook breaks it softly.

"...Min, are you crying?"

"No, I'm not crying," the smaller man grits out. "Just...nevermind."

While Min Yoongi has busted into the apartment and effectively knocked Jeon Wonwoo into the ground and managed to have the perpetrator taken to the station in cuffs, it doesn't change the reality of what could have happened. What if he had decided against checking up on his partner? What if he had found nothing wrong with the texts? What if he had been a few minutes late? He could've gone his entire life believing Jimin had committed suicide and Jungkook had run off with some other guy....and the thought is fucking frightening.

"Thank you for saving me...You always got my back."

"Well, you were lucky this time around."

"Still. You found me, right?"

"..."

"Hey Min...can I ask you a question? And you have to be honest with me."