Part 22

When Harry arrives home that afternoon, he's actually relieved to find that no one is camped outside his building. That may be due to the new article that came out today and revealed that he was living with Zayn now. But nevertheless, he is so thankful because he doesn't feel like being bombarded by people with cameras and questions.

It's not easy carrying all his things inside the building. So he is so happy that a middle aged lady opens the door for him.

"Oh, wow. You've got so much." She says.

"Yes. I know. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Need some help?"

"Could you?"

"Absolutely."

"Thanks." He sits Elena on the ground so she can walk. And the woman takes his suitcase from him.

"So where are we going?"

"I'm on the fourth floor. Room 412."

"Okay."

They walk with Elena following closely behind and Harry doesn't worry about her wandering off. Whenever she isn't sleeping, she's usually following closely behind him or Zayn around the house. She's already too attached to go walking off anywhere else. And it's the cutest thing.

The three of them are on the elevator and soon they get off on the fourth floor and walk to his apartment. Harry unlocks the door and opens it, but the lady doesn't go in. She only sits his things down just outside the door. When she leaves and both Elena and Harry are safely inside, he locks the door again and sighs out loud.

"Here we are, Elena. Home sweet home. It's not much. But it's better than being on the street."

He takes a moment to look around and as he does, he begins to realize how much he missed this place. Sure, it isn't nearly as nice as the place he came from, but it's the place he's known since he moved out and away from his verbally abusive mother. It is his home no matter what.

Instead of unpacking right away, he just places Elena's bed in a corner and then slowly makes his way toward his bedroom. The second he sees his unmade bed, he falls across it with his face down.

Right now, his mind can't stop thinking about everything that happened today. Zayn told him that coming to stay with him would be good for him and would keep him safe. But things have been worse than ever before. At least when he was here, he could hide who he really was. But after being exposed to a crooked driver, not only does his mother hate him for selling his body, the whole world is going to hate him for that reason too. It's a scary thought.

One thing that really worries Harry too is that he doesn't have any social media. So he has no way of knowing what people are saying about him. How many people are talking about this right now? And how many people actually believe he is a drug addict? He really wishes he knew.

Knowing he doesn't know, he groans before squeezing his eyes shut. He really doesn't want to cry over this all over again but he can't help it. It really hurts.

He ends up crying for a while and by the time he's finished, he feels so drained. Sure he's angry with Zayn right now. But he's also getting so restless and sleepy. The anxiety of the day is catching up with him. So he decides that he'll take a quick nap.

He wakes up two hours later to the sound of whining. It's dark outside. So he has to turn on the lights around the house. The source of the whining is coming from the living room. There he finds Elena in her bed. And she's looking at him.