Part 5

The music in the venue is loud. Zayn will only be home in LA for 3 more days before he goes back on tour and he can't wait for this night to be over so that he can have some peace and quiet in his own bed, away from all the noise and clatter. Its been a long few days for him and he feels that its necessary to finally actually take advantage of his break the way he originally planned to.

Currently, he's standing at the stage while the music to his first song is starting. Unlike the love songs they talked about on the radio show earlier, this one is full of hype and bass and it makes his spine tingle with chills. When it's time for him to start singing, he's on stage jumping and bouncing around, watching the crowd scream his name and sing along to the words. It is basically a mini concert and he sings four songs from the album in total.

By the time he's finished, he is truly convinced this is one of his best performances he has ever done. His hometown has given him so much support tonight. And he can't be anymore thankful that he gets to share his talents with the world. This is certainly a dream come true.

However, as he disappears out of view and meets up with his bodyguard, he can't help but think about how this isn't completely his dream. Harry was and is still part of it. He was supposed to be pointing him out in the crowd and singing his special lyrics to him. That's what he wanted. But that's not what has happened at all and for what feels like time number one thousand, that reminds him of the way Harry has looked at him in the past few days. Harry clearly does not want to see him again. And he can hardly bear the thought.

"Where are you going next, Mr. Malik?" The bodyguard asks.

"Ugh, please call me Zayn. Please." He says frustratedly. "And take me back to my dressing room. I'll send my hairdresser to grab me a drink from the bar.

"Yes sir, uhm... Zayn." He leads him down a hallway just off from the stage and they reach his dressing room. The second he's there, he sends his hairdresser, Hydie, for a glass of scotch, no ice. It's his favorite drink to pass away the time.

It doesn't take her long to get his request and minutes later, she returns with his drink. He wants to be alone, but he also knows he'll end up sending her for another one. So he lets her stay for a little conversation.

"Are you okay, Zayn? You look a bit down."

"Yeah, I guess. I'm just having a depressing day."

"Even after this party? As wild as it was?"

"Don't forget long... busy... tiresome..."

"True."

"But don't get me wrong, Hydie. I have enjoyed myself. I just think I'm in a hurry to enjoy the rest of my break before I'm back on tour."

Hydie nods. "At least you're going to be touring on your last leg in the US. You're lucky to be touring so close to home."

"I guess." Zayn says as he sips from the glass.

"Well isn't that why you're down? Because you're back to visit and now you wish you could stay here?"

Zayn shrugs. "It's not necessarily that. No. It's more complicated than anything."

"Complicated? Uh oh. Sounds like a relationship status." She laughs. But she pauses because he doesn't laugh with her. "Is it?"

He shrugs again.

"Oh no. What happened? You've only been in LA for four days and you're already sad about someone. Boy or girl?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Can I not help you in any way?"

Zayn thinks for a moment. "Actually, you can."

"How? Do you need advice?"