Part 2

Where to, Mr Malik?" Tim, Zayn's driver, asks him as he gets in the backseat the next day.

Zayn holds a sheet of paper beside his face. "Type that into the GPS please."

"Sure thing." He takes the paper and reads it. "Is this the address we followed your boyfriend to last night?"

"He's not my boyfriend." Zayn quickly corrects. "But yes, that's it. I'm going there."

"Can I ask why?" The driver questions.

"No." Zayn bluntly answers. "You cannot."

So he doesn't. He only follows as ordered. When they get to the destination, Zayn is able to see that the place he followed Harry to, is an old 12 story high rise which sits directly in the middle of a neighborhood. Not only is the paint old and chipping away from the building, the awning is fading, there is trash in the parking lot and Zayn realizes this is one of the worst neighborhoods in LA. Harry must've moved here somewhere within the last year and a half that he's been gone. And it makes him wonder if this is all Harry can afford.

"Are you only here to look at it, or what?" Tim calls from the front seat, and Zayn is brought back from his thoughts.

"I'm uh... wait here." He opens the door, gets out of the car, then walks up to the building. When he tries to open the door, he sees it's locked from the outside and that it requires a key to scan. However, off to the side, is an electronic calling book that he can use to find Harry's name. So he does use it and after a series of clicks, he comes across "H. Styles".

"Dammit." He mumbles to himself because it doesn't tell him which apartment number he's in or which floor he stays on. It only gives him a call option which is supposed to be used to call the intercom in Harry's apartment. But Zayn doesn't want him to know he knows where he lives. Not yet. So disappointingly, he sighs to himself. He needs to run into Harry again. Which means he'll have to follow him again.

"Dammit." He mumbles for the second time.

*

*

*

At Zayn's request, Tim waits outside the high rises to see if Harry comes out. And he doesn't actually come through those front doors until nine o'clock that night, when he gets in a taxi. Zayn should be concerned that he's coming out at this time of night. But really... he's more concerned with what he has on.

He does not like the little black sheer typed shirt with flower prints that Harry wears and he most definitely isn't fond of the pair of short red shorts he sports with his name plastered across his ass cheeks. Just what is his problem?

"Follow behind them at a distance." Zayn says.

Tim swiftly looks back at him. "Mr. Malik?"

"Yeah."

"Do you know that what you're doing is considered stalking and is illegal?"

"Please... I know that. Just do what you're told."

Tim takes a deep breath and turns on the engine when the taxi pulls off. Then he follows behind it. They don't stop driving until they are on the other side of LA and the taxi is pulling up to a house that already has a bunch of cars outside.

"A house party? Oh, he better be coming here to get something."

"I don't think so. Looks like he's here to stay for a while." Tim says. "His taxi is leaving."

Zayn grumbles something but it's inaudible.

"Is that all, Mr. Malik?"

"No. Drive to the closest drugstore. I'll send you in there to get sunglasses and a hat and then I need to come right back here please."