Part 19

Zayn has a schedule to adhere to today. His single came out a few hours ago and now he chooses to spend some time answering fan's questions. He gets the conversation started with a tweet.

How are you guys liking the new single so far? :)

Right away, responses flood his notifications.

He reads through them, searching for someone to reply to. He does find one.

@zaynmalik I've been listening to it on repeat since it came out. Thanks Zayn.

He sends her a reply.

@2goodforthem Thank you for listening. <3

He loves fans like that. They're so sweet and they make his day. This was one of the reasons he wanted to get into music. Then he comes across another reply.

@zaynmalik Really love the new single. 👍🏻 Much love from Singapore.

He retweets her, then sends a reply.

@ZMelikFriendzone Sending love right back to you. :)

He searches for tweets and sees so many that make him very happy. One particular tweet really catches his eye amidst those.

@zaynmalik I think this one's for your new boyfriend, amirite? ;)

He doesn't want to reply directly and turn his personal life into a discussion in his mentions but the winking face at the end of that tweet makes him chuckle. So he likes it and then continues scrolling.

He answers single and album related questions and retweets fan art for the next hour or so and then he's finished. This is really exciting. He can't believe his second album is so close to being released.

He spends this day inside the house relaxing and doesn't go out. He's so bubbly over the fact that he released new music today that when Harry tells him he's going out at nine o'clock in the night, he doesn't even worry one bit or feel the need to stop him and try to watch over him. He knows that Harry has his bodyguard and a trusted driver with him. There is no reason to worry. So he gives him his house key and let's him be on his way.

But around ten o'clock, Zayn gets a call from Alfonzo, his manager.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi, Zayn. First, I wanted to let you know the single is doing well so far."

He smiles. "I know. That's good."

"Yes. Which means we're getting off on the right foot."

"Yep."

"But I should be angry at you right now."

He stops smiling. "What? Why?"

"I did talk to Marcy and she let me know what was going on with you and your new BF, Harry."

"Okay?"

"She said you were not supposed to confirm or deny your relationship yet."

"Oh. I know."

"And yet you still liked that fan's tweet that suggested the song is about him."

Zayn thinks about it. "Yeah. I did. Because that was something I really wanted to do. I didn't want to hide it anymore. I'm not ashamed of him."