Part 14

When Zayn wakes up the next morning, the first thing he does is feel for Harry. But the more he reaches, he doesn't feel him at all. So that could only mean he's not in bed. He quickly opens his eyes and sits up. He fears that Harry woke up and left and the thought ignites panic. Did he call a taxi or did he walk? He's not sure how he would feel about Harry calling a taxi here to his house but for some reason, he's more afraid that he could've walked home alone.

He jumps out of bed and doesn't even bother to get dressed before he's running through the house. He checks the obvious place, like the bathroom and hallways. But when he realizes Harry isn't in either of those places, he scrambles down the stairs and checks the living room. Harry isn't there either but he hears a little rustling noise in the kitchen and he let's out a breath of relief.

His sigh startles Harry and Harry faces him. Then he smiles. "Is that how you always walk around the house? In only socks."

Zayn looks down at himself but he feels no need to cover up. "No. I don't. But you don't hate it."

Harry chuckles. "I definitely don't hate it."

It takes Zayn a moment to realize Harry is wearing the same pants he had on yesterday but he has on one of Zayn's shirts.

"You're wearing my shirt." He points out.

"Yeah. I didn't have any extra clothes so I grabbed this and a pair of your underwear. I thought you wouldn't mind."

"I don't."

"Good. Because I think I'll wear this home."

"If you wear that home, you have to let me request a ride to take you home."

"And if I let you request a ride to take me home, you have to let me cook for you. Cause wow, there's so much food in here, we can have a proper feast."

Zayn smiles sadly as he remembers how Harry didn't have much food in his apartment. "Deal. The kitchen is yours. I'm going to go take a shower, okay?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

Zayn runs up the stairs and he showers and dresses in a hurry. A part of him really hates how he didn't get to lie in bed with Harry all morning. But he guesses Harry doesn't do that much anymore. He understands though. Because usually his customers leave when they're finished getting what they wanted from him. With him, Harry will have to get used to doing things the old way all over again.

He's done in a hurry and scurries downstairs to the kitchen again. Harry's still there and he's mixing a batter in a bowl.

"So... We talked last night." Zayn says.

"Yeah."

He leans against the counter. "You still mean it?"

Harry nods. "Of course. I want to see how it goes. If anything changes along the way, we'll just talk again."

"Right... Right. That sounds good."

Harry catches the way his voice lowers. "If you're expecting a promise, you know that's not happening, right?" He asks.

"Yeah. I know. You should take your time anyway. You should know what you're getting into."