Chapter XXI

The Last Vampire Princess

She began to pace the room back and forth, waiting for his return and wondering where could he have gone.

Nae sat in a rocking chair and with a bored expression watched people come in and out of Severtine's parlor.

"Girls," She called to them from across the room. Nae and Anastasia made their way towards her and curtsied formally.

"A friend of mine, Cahir. He will take you to the council now." Anastasia was about to blurt out a million questions, but bit her tongue when she saw the heart-wrenching glare Chusi was giving her. She had seemed so nice, Anastasia had not been expecting the sudden venom. She and Nae followed Cahir out of the room and towards wherever this "council" was.

§§§

Anastasia and Nae were peeking into a room that had a medium sized stadium that coiled around the perimeters of the room. At the very bottom was the council, according to Cahir that is, there are six of the total.

There appeared to be floorboards inside, and then the ceiling was rounded and puffed outward. It was also made out of glass that had a chandelier hanging from it. The lights shining from it were LED illuminating the already lit room with even more light.

Anastasia glanced over at two of the council member's that appeared to be the most ancient looking people she had ever laid eyes on. Both had pale skin completely covered in wrinkles, pale hair that seemed to be falling out, and a long white beard that made them both look more like wizards rather than vampires. Their last names on the stands read:

"Voklovick and Calltaie"

Her eyes scanned on to the next two. Two middle aged men that were conversing with two other council members. Ana did not bother at looking at their appearance, but they did make her want to almost burst through these doors and join their conversation.

Strange.

Their last names were Leklock and Zekol.

She glanced at the two other member's on the right side of the man named Zekol and noticed that they were in their mid 20's, they were twins, and that they had the last name Ashca. They were sun-tanned, blonde haired, with striking hazel eyes. They both appeared to have a cunning atmosphere and smiles that were always amused.

Then finally what appeared to be another pair of brother's, were two boys who appeared to be no older than 18. One was pale with blonde hair and green eyes and the other was pale with black hair and black eyes. Their last name was Maleck.

"Alright you two, in you go." Before Nae and Anastasia had a second to argue, the door that they had been observing everyone through was opened, and they were shoved inside, surrounded by the council and many other males in the audience with their slaves by their sides.

They both gulped at how many eyes that were staring straight at them and the silence was deafening.

A/N: A VERY short chapter, I will be posting another chapter soon to make up for how short this one was. PLEASE RE-READ CHAPTER FIVE! I had completely forgot to add this important detail to it and feel like such a dingus! Enjoy <3