Chapter XII

The Last Vampire Princess

The Three Elador's had already gone up to their rooms, Anastasia took control of the situation and began walking Heath back to his car. Anastasia didn't bother trying to escape, she knew that there was a electric-bob-wired gate separated her from freedom. She didn't want to die while trying to escape.

What would have been the point in escaping then?

"Anastasia, I have been calling your name repeatedly, could you please pick up my car keys?" Heath pointed to a few keys that had fallen to the ground and instantaneously Anastasia grabbed the keys and handed them back to him. From the tone of voice, she knew that he was beyond irritated.

"I-I'm so sorry, sir. I-I don't know what came over me. Forgive me." Anastasia kept her head down and hoped he would fall for the innocent act.

Anastasia anticipated to ignore him and maybe agitate him. She had successfully succeeded. Besides, he wasn't an Elador so there was precisely nothing to be afraid of. 

Except he could easily kill me...

"Mmm, I suppose you are forgiven." Heath's voice sounded enlightened by her presence now. Anastasia glanced at his hands and noticed that he had not unlocked the car, therefore he still intended to speak with her.

"Is there something you need, sir?" Anastasia didn't want to ask because she had already known the answer. Heath was hesitating. His whole entire body was uncomfortable and rigid, as if he wanted to share something but was not sure how to recite it.

"Not to appear displeasing sir, but I do have to be going to bed soon." She said it lightly, but in truth, Anastasia didn't mean it lightly. She was dying to go to bed. Going back to the kitchen did not sound appealing to her, not even in the slightest. But then again, Anastasia is pretty much a slave. She does not have a choice in the matter.

"Anastasia..." His words seemed to be caught in his throat, but coughed lightly. Anastasia did not speak for she felt that it wasn't her place and, she wanted to hear what he had to say.

"I will propose you an offer. An abscond to be exact. I know and I can tell you do not like it here. The way you look at the Three Elador's it is not one of love and joy, but instead one of hatred and scorn." Anastasia looked down at Heath's shoes and didn't bother looking back up. She couldn't bring herself to say otherwise, because it was the truth. Anastasia did hate the Three Elador's. Well, except for Levi, she felt that she could trust him. It was like a strange pull towards him that made her want to gravitate to him when he was near. Anastasia mentally shook her head from her thoughts and responded,

"Sir, that is not entirely true. I do not hate all of the three Elador's." Anastasia hoped that Heath got the message. He did for she couldn't help but take a glance at his beautiful eyes. Recognition and surprise had sparkled its way across his lifeless eyes. Quickly, she looked away and didn't dare looking back.

"Become my wife, and I can take you away from this life, you won't have to worry about being kidnapped. I could reunite you with your family and your best friend Jackson." Out of impulse Anastasia lunged at Heath. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. Anastasia couldn't help herself, finally, someone wanted to help her. Take her away from this place, finally. Oh, Anastasia's not even sure how long she had waited for a moment like this. As quickly as she had hugged him, she also let go of him.

"Sorry, Heath. I just kind of-uhm-well, lost myself." Anastasia couldn't hold back the excitement in her voice. She even called him by his name she was so happy. It was a major slip-up on her part, but at this point, she did not care.