Chapter IX

The Last Vampire Princess

Ana placed the three Elador's breakfast before them and waited patiently for their reactions.

"Pancakes?" Levi questioned staring at the large pancakes piled high in the center of the table.

"Bacon." Stated Jude who reached for the platter that was overflowing with a large amount of bacon slices.

"Butter?" Beth stared in horror at the large quantity of butter that seemed almost frozen in fright in front of Beth.

"Yes, this is what you requested, correct?" Anastasia held her head low and let her eyes wander anywhere but at the three Eladors. She found it weird that they were questioning what they ordered. She had to read the note 4 times just to make sure that the three Elador's really wanted this food, human food to be precise.

"No, I requested blood." Jude said bluntly, but nonetheless ate a bacon strip that he had been holding. Jude wore light wash jeans with a V-neck shirt that showed a bit too much neck and chest for Ana's liking. His dark brown hair was damp and gradually drying in the cool house temperatures.

"We all requested blood." Levi said in a calm voice, as if he were trying to calm Beth's aggravation in the morning. Levi had been allowing his hair to grow out, his mud-brown hair curled at his ears and the nape of hid neck.

"Unless you are offering yourself, forget it. We don't drink human blood."

Jude looked at Anastasia with disgust and nibbled on another piece of bacon. His light green eyes always made his facial expressions to appear as sharp as a shard of steel. It hurt to look him directly in the eye. Beth seemed to snicker at the harsh remark and distanced the butter far, far away from himself.

"I wasn't offering myself, I have proof that the three Elador's requested food." Anastasia reached inside the pocket of her apron and pulled out a piece of folded paper. Delicately placing the paper in front of Levi, she backed away from his chair and waited to be spoken to.

"Hmmm." 

"What?" Jude tried towering over Levi from where he was sitting, but ended up bumping his knee into the table. A couple of colorful words left his lips before he sat back down.

"Don't tell me it's a nude picture of Anastasia." Beth sighed dramatically and frowned deeply. Even though he looked annoyed, his eyes held an mischievous glint in them. "Ana, we've been over this. I'm the one who takes the pictures. I'm an amazing photographer, but that doesn't give you the right to go around flaunting these pictures like its a birthday present."

Ana flushed deeply and felt her anger boil. If her anger could be measured in size, then a volcano about to explode wouldn't be strong enough to describe how hard it was to control herself from reaching across the table and stabbing Beth with a butter knife over and over again.

"Beth, there's no need to be jealous of her. She's a female therefore she is more attractive than you are." Levi smiled an amused smile at Beth and spoke before he could be interrupted by him.

"Ana was right. This note says that's it's from the three of us," He paused momentarily and glanced over at Ana. She had a small satisfied smile on her lips, he didn't want to have to see that smile get turned into a frown, but he really had no choice. "But, this isn't our handwriting. This was done by one of the maids as a bad joke. I'm sorry, Anastasia." Levi really did look terribly sorry.

"But then-wait-why w-would?" Anastasia couldn't seem to find her words, it was as if she were trying to talk to the three Elador's underwater.

"Maybe jealousy, women are unpredictable."Beth played with a piece of bacon on his plate and and with his other hand twirled his dirty blonde hair around and around that finger.

"Jealous? Of her?" Jude inquired her as if she were some unidentified bug squished on his shoe. His light green eyes glared at Ana with such fierceness, she had to look away.

"Excuse me, I just remembered that I'm on kitchen duty." With a deep curtsy and an abrupt turn of her body, she was out of the dining room and walking down the long halls that led towards many different rooms. It was a lie of course, she wasn't on kitchen duty this week, she was however sometimes on kitchen duty. The reason is because many of the men would rather wash dishes than to have to do all the hard work outside like pull weeds or mow the lawn. Before Anastasia could even think of moving out of the way, she slammed full force into a man who was carrying a basket full of the three Elador's laundry. Clothes went everywhere and Anastasia was sprawled on her back. The man lay on his back as well, only buried by clothes.

"I am so sorry! I-I-I wasn't looking where I was going-I should've been looking where I was going-I wasn't-I'm-sorry!" Anastasia quickly got to her feet and began gathering all the clothing into the basket that was still in the man's arms.

"N-no, don't trouble yourself! It's alright, I can do this myself!" He began gathering the clothes just as fast, only he was folding them and neatly placing them inside. Ana noticed that he had an excited note to his voice, as if he were happy and not upset. She roughly shook the outrageous thought away.

"Wait, are you the new maid?"

Anastasia kept her head down and nodded her head. She didn't want to have to look into his eyes and see that he was silently laughing at her clumsiness.

"Oh, you're different than I imagined." Once all the clothes had been put back into the basket he offered her his hand. She hesitated, but took it gratefully.

"Thank you..." Her voice trailed for she didn't know his name. Finally she looked up at the man she had rudely knocked over and nearly fell back down to the ground. This man had black as night hair, but gold eyes that seemed to shine in the dim lighting of the home. His jaw stood out slightly, but only made him look more attractive, he had high cheek bones and a muscular build, but strangely, he didn't look scary muscular, like how most men looked to Anastasia. The correct word to describe him waslean.

"Will. My name is Will." His eyes seemed to freeze Anastasia where she stood. Never before had she seen such a handsome servant before. Why hadn't she noticed him before?

"Mine is An-Anastasia, but I refer Ana."

"Anastasia, that's a beautiful name." He smiled warmly at her and held out his hand.

"I look forward to seeing you more often, Ana."

He gave her a grin and went around her as swiftly as a cat. For some reason Anastasia didn't want to say goodbye to him just yet, she called over her shoulder,

"Tonight, are you helping with dinner?" 

She felt her cheeks flush a dark crimson and hoped the dim lighting wouldn't make it obvious.

"No, but that can be arranged." He gave her one last wide grin before walking down the long corridor.