Chapter XIV

The Last Vampire Princess

Anastasia skidded across the floor boards and scampered down the wide stairwell. She took a sharp right and entered the kitchen. Quickly, she began preparing breakfast for the maids and servants. She was 30 minutes late in waking up and now she was rushing as fast as she could. Anastasia grabbed plates and pans out and started turning dials to get the stove running. She poured some oil onto 4 pans and then began hurriedly making batter for pancakes. In record time she made the batter and began pouring two portions per pan. Eventually she had 42 pancakes made. Enough for the servants to pick as many as they wanted. Anastasia peeked at the clock and almost screamed at the top of her lungs.

5 minutes before the everyone wakes up!

Rushing over to the refrigerator Anastasia grabbed a basket of eggs. She ran back over to the pans, poured more oil, spread it around, and then began cracking and making scrambled eggs for everyone. She sprinkled some cheese and salt and then sighed contently when she had made 30 servings of scrambled eggs total, more than enough for the maids and servants to eat.

Anastasia sighed contently when she had finished making everyone their breakfast. She placed her head against the island that stood in the middle of the large kitchen, but straightened up when she heard footsteps and hushed whispers.

Anastasia then grabbed herself a plate and scooped up some eggs and pancakes. She felt exhausted and it was only morning. She'd barely done any work at all! She pondered for a moment as she made her way to a large table in the kitchen where the servants and maids ate together. Anastasia thought back to last night, but for some reason nothing came to mind. She couldn't remember what it was exactly that she had done. Shaking her head she relaxed her shoulders and grabbed some plastic silverware that sat in the center of the table. Slowly she dug into the delectable breakfast and sighed contently. Right when she was about to get up from the table, Nae burst into the room and called,

"Anastasia~" She purred as she sprinted over to where Anastasia sat. Nae was practically jumping up and down.

"Guess what!" She squealed and earned a few glares from some drowsy servants nearby. Ana gave them an apologetic look and glanced back at Nae. She had this weird sparkle in her eyes. Ana didn't bother trying to understand where she got all her energy from. She was in more ways than one the exact opposite of Anastasia. Nae had short black hair that hung at her neck while Anastasia had long blonde hair that came down past her hips. It really had grown out quite a bit, but that's the way she likes her hair.

"What?" Despite her earlier confusion, now that Nae was here, her excitement was extremely contagious.

"Will asked me if I was single or not!" Nae yelled and started jumping around Ana. "Can you believe it!? He's interested Anastasia! IN ME!" Anastasia suddenly grinned at her and grabbed her hands. She jumped up and down with her, although she wasn't the squealing and cheering type like Nae was, she couldn't help but to be happy for her. She was very happy to see that Nae had found a distraction.

Before when Anastasia first met Nae, she was still the same excitable girl, but she didn't really ever a true reason to be happy. It always felt forced, as if she smiled all the time, it would somehow make her feel better. Now, Nae has many reasons to be feeling ecstatic.

"Could you shut your fucking mouth?" A maid said from across the table sneered. Her eyes were slits and a tight scowl was on her lips. Nae did stop jumping, but she barely lowered her voice. Anastasia smiled apologetically to the woman across the table and turned her attention back to Nae.