Chapter XVIII

The Last Vampire Princess

The room seemed to spin, but Anastasia forced herself to stand up.

"Good Evening Elador Jude." She curtsied and bowed her head deeply, but almost fell over; quickly regaining her balance she forced a smile. Jude ignored her and turned his cold stare at Levi.

"What have you done." Was all Jude said, before taking carefully calculated steps towards Levi's retreating figure.

"J-Jude I can explain!" Levi croaked out and threw his hands up.

"Explain? EX-plain? EXPLAIN?! You know drinking from a human is forbidden! Not to mention the fact that Anastasia is new here! What the hell is wrong with you!? We only drink from our kind you fucking moron! Do you want the council to get on our sorry asses and ruin everything!?" Jude roared at the top of his lungs and loomed over Levi's shaky figure.

"I know it is! But I-There's... Ugh! Here!" Levi touched his hand to Ana's bleeding neck and held his hand in front of Jude's face.

"Try it." Jude stared at Levi's bloodied hand and couldn't help it when his eyes changed to a blood colored luster. His stomach, yearned, no craved the blood before him. It was like an addict who just needed to get high one more time.
He couldn't help but grab Levi's hand and licked the stream of blood off of it. There was something about the smell of her blood, something was different. It had a more, sensual smell to it than any blood he'd ever tasted before. Jude opened his mouth and licked the blood off of Levi's hand. He moaned at the taste of it and looked over at Anastasia.

She had a blissful look in her eye, as if she weren't there, but instead in another time continuum.

Jude was so tempted to grab Anastasia and suck what's left of her blood out of her. The smell of her was driving him insane, but his humanity was stronger than the hunger he felt ripping at his intestines.

Jude turned and glared at Levi.

"You drank too much. Feed her some of your blood so she can heal. I cannot believe you were stupid enough to do this. Do you know what will happen if anyone finds out about this? We could be be-headed, staked, burned to death, bled out to death, nailed to a cross, *sigh* must I go on?" Jude bonked Levi over the head.

"Ouch!" Levi rubbed the back of his head and glared right back at Jude. "This could've gone a completely different way." Levi bit into his wrist and forced it on to Anastasia's lips. The moment he saw her cringe, he forced her to drink it by yanking her head back. The blood dripped into her mouth filling her senses with disgust and remorse. She then began to squirm and tried writhing away from him. He wrapped an arm around her back and held on to the back of her head securing she would drink it.

"It's okay." Levi smiled at Ana and made her look into his eyes. "This will help you." Her previous panic ceased and instead she excepted his blood. Her small frail hands clung to Levi's hand and her soft lips seemed to come to life. "That's it, drink up." Levi said and ran a hand through her hair.

Levi could practically feel Jude stare holes in the back of his head.

"You cannot show this to Beth."

"Yeah, yeah, okay." Levi shrugged his shoulders and laid her down on to his bed.

"Hey! Be careful! You can give her too much and then we will have a repeat of this whole situation again." He snarled down at him and was more than tempted to hit Levi over the head again.

Rolling his eyes at Jude, he grabbed Ana by her chin forcing her too look into his eyes. "You're feeling sleepy because it's past your bed time Ana. You came into my room to help me with some things. You will sleep now from exhaustion." Anastasia's eyes began to close on their own and her heart-beat went down quickly to slow solid beats.

Jude grabbed Levi by his shoulder and flipped him around forcing him to face him.

"I'm serious Levi. If Beth finds out, he'll do horrible things. You've seen him in action, he's crude and sick. The way he treats our kind, as if they're toys for his pleasure. Do you want Anastasia to become one of those?" Jude rambled out frantically. Never before had Jude ever showed anyone that he cares about anything, but he didn't want to see Anastasia get hurt. She did not need to get involved with their kind. 

He once had a lover named Rose who was a human. She had found out about him and made sure he took the pleasure and glory in tormenting her. Driving her into insanity. The guilt of not protecting her would always haunt him.

It was too late now. They've both tasted her blood. And they both knew it wouldn't be the last time.

The two men stared at Anastasia and watched her chest rise and fall. It has been a long time since they'd seen someone look so peaceful and yet so alive at the same time. It almost made them want to join her and sleep as well.

But they had paper work to go take care of in the study.

Regretfully, the two left Anastasia alone in Levi's bedroom.

But not completely alone.

For two pairs of eyes had watched the whole scene and would not be leaving trace, except for a trail of tears.

A/N:

(What Levi did previously in the chapter is a thing called compulsion, a vampire can make a human believe anything they want to by making them look into their eyes and compelling them. Their eyes do not change when they do this, but their pupils do change size for a moment or so).