Chapter VI

The Last Vampire Princess

Ana's eyes widened in shock,  she was staring right through the men standing before her as her mind began to spiral. Her heart  pounded in her chest and her adrenaline kicked in. Time seemed to have stopped in that moment for her as the information that was delievered began to sink in.

"Awwwww, would you look at that." Beth gave her a ghoulish grin and chuckled lightly.

"I don't see what's funny. She didn't say a joke." Jude glowered at Beth with a glare so intense, it could freeze the center of the earth.

"Levi, I'm so proud that you told her the truth. For once, I feel as if you are starting to understand what true honesty is." Beth mockingly clamped a hand on Levi's shoulder.

Even though Beth looked like he was proud, his eyes glowed with humor inside. Levi shrugged off his friends hand and glanced nervously back at Ana.

Ana was taking deep breaths and gripping her hands together tightly. She kept her gaze down in her lap, she felt that it was merely impossible to look up at these men that claimed that they owned her legally. Ana couldn't wrap her mind around it, she knew that her father didn't show love or compassion towards her, but would he really sink as to so low, as to selling her to strangers?

"Why?" Ana whispered.

"Mmm? You're going to have to speak up if you want an answer." She felt Jude's cruel eyes burn into her skin. Ana wasn't looking at him, but she knew that he wasn't smiling.

"Why did you sign a contract with my father? Why me?" With those last words, Ana boldly stood out of her chair and glared at the three men.

They were taller, stronger, and more than likely faster than she was, but that didn't mean she was going to give up. Not yet.

"Why? Why would you ask an apparent question?" Beth licked his lips slowly. His eyes roamed up and down her body in a direful way. Ana felt bile rising in the back of her throat and miraculously swallowed the nauseating liquid.

"It's not... Apparent." Levi didn't bother looking at Beth, his eyes were fixed on Ana with a look of concern and interest.

"Anastasia," Levi began, but was interrupted by Ana's voice.

"I go by Ana."

"Ho, you think you can talk back, eh?" Jude took an alarming step forward and towered over Ana.

His muscular figure seemed to intimidate her, but she wasn't the type to pick a fight without knowing she would win. Anastasia sat back down in her seat and looked up at the three of them.

"Anastasia," He started completely ignoring what she had said earlier.

 "The reason that... We had decided to buy... You was because, er..." Levi turned a dark shade of red and turned away. He coughed a few times, but didn't turn back around.

Was he embarrassed?

"Was because?" She raised a brow and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Don't tell me, he's ashamed?" Jude glanced over his shoulder at Levi's back and if possible, his frown seemed to deepen.

"Not surprised." Beth turned back towards Ana and gave her a bloodcurdling grin.

"Anastasia, you are our new maid, please do treat us well." Beth's smile widened all the way to his ears.

He may have been trying to be sincere, or trying to make Ana more terrified out of her wits, whichever one he succeeded. She fainted and fell out of her chair like dead weight.

Jude leaned over her and pressed a hand to her the pulse on her neck. "Out cold." He confirmed to the other two.

"Well that went dashingly, if I do say so myself." Beth let out a deep laugh and leaned forward to pick  Ana up.

"Tell me Levi, were you truly embarrassed?" Beth seemed to be enjoying himself as he threw Ana over his shoulders as if she were a sack of flour.

"Shut up... It's an awkward... Thing to say." Levi's cheeks seemed to turn a darker red by the passing second.

Jude watched silently as the two bickered at each other back and forth. He didn't feel like joining in on their conversation, instead he was admiring Ana's features. How her hips peeked out from her shirt, how her pants had been torn exposing some skin on her legs. To Jude, it was as if she were teasing him, even if she wasn't conscious.

"Oh my, Jude, like what you see?" Beth turned around and struck a pose for Jude. He couldn't help snapping his gaze away from Anastasia. His eyebrows came together, but he didn't frown, instead he said,

"I'd rather gouge my windpipe out with my thumb."

"Oh! How romantic!" Beth said with a voice drowning in sarcasm and carried Anastasia out of the room and into one of the guest bedrooms upstairs, where all the maids slept.

"She's beautiful. Isn't she?" Levi murmured to Jude. Both stared down at Ana with great desire. They had never quite seen a girl who was indeed plain, yet there was something about her long lashes concealing her doe eyes her eyes and the way her chest rythmically rose and fell.

"No, she's not. I've seen whores with bigger jugs."

"It will be interesting having a new maid around. Don't you agree, Jude?" Levi grinned in Jude's direction and the two seemed to be in an agreement with one another.

(Breõst is old english for breast in case anyone was wondering)