Part One Hundred Twenty Eight: Move On

Life was going on as usual. Life had to always go on. And I was  just keeping myself busy to not think about missing John too much. And there was so much going on which I was grateful about. 

I was at Vito's together with Gwen packing the last of his boxes. Not only did we find lots of old porn mags in weird places, also lots and lots of dust in the corners. Well, Vito was paranoid about his mom finding weed and pills, so one day he decided to not let her come in anymore. So he bought a lock for his door which me and Gwen thought was a little over the top. Well, his mom was some sort of saint and it was bad enough little Vito was skating, wearing baggy clothes and playing in a punk band. And since then, the dust was piling and piling.

"What are we gonna do with this star wars spaceship?", Gwen asked as she held up a dusty old toy that looked like the millenium falcon.

Vito jumped up from his box and took the dusty toy in a protective manner. Well, if he hadn't, Gwen wouldve probably dumped it in the trash.

He went to the box right in front of the door, opened the glue strip and put it in neatly.

Gwen jumped to his side and turned the box, then put her hand above her mouth. "You didn't", she shouted out.

Vito knit his brows. "What?!"

"Can't believe you just reopened the 'important'-box to put this trashy toy in", she said and I started chuckling.

"You don't get it", Vito said and rolled his eyes.

"Weirdo", Gwen said and continued packing stuff.

When everything was set, we moved the boxes in Vito's band van and had a cup of coffee and donuts with his mom Angela. She tried to talk him into taking a little soap and detergent with him and some lavender baggies for his clothes so he won't have holes from moths. Whenever she didn't notice, Gwen and me started chuckling at the sight. Vito was going mad. He devoured his donut and downed the coffee, grabbed me and Gwen and there was no discussion, we were leaving.

When he got the motor running, he sighed in relief.

"Your mom's so cute", I said and me and Gwen chuckled.

"She not", he grumbled and turned the radio louder.

The voice of the singer was familiar. It was that guy from the tape I listened to frequently. That Chris gave me. Nirvana, I think.

"What channel is that?", I asked.

"A tape. My bandmate Fred gave it to me. It's from his cousin's band", Vito said.

"Wow, that's cool. I think I've got the same tape. The singer's voice is so rad", I said.

"Yea, it's Kurt, Fred's cousin", Vito said and nodded.

"You know him?", I asked.

Vito shook his head and bit his lip. Then he knit his brows. "Oh Well.. maybe I do. Think I played with him when he was at Fred's house. Ages ago. Think he was a weirdo", Vito dryly said.

"Funny", I said. "He from 'round here?"

"Nah, think he lives in Seattle", Vito said. "Wait.. are you crushing on him?", he said and chuckled. "You already got your rockstar, Kay."

"I'm not", I said. "I just think he sounds cool and I like his lyrics"

"You must have suicidal tendencies", Vito said and smirked.

"Oh, stop it", I said.

Box after box moved into Vito's new home. Keanu and Riv were there to help us and it was done in just a minute. While the guys went out to get a mattress for Vito, they sent Gwen and me to the tool shop to get nails and pegs and all that to put stuff on the walls.

We were strolling the streets and breathing in the warm LA air. We were in no hurry, so we decided to grab a coffee first. There was this real cool place just around the corner where all the creative people of this city would hang out. At least that's what Gwen said. So she took me by the hand and we went up the street.

Just as we arrived at the place, we bumped into Lara who just came out with a bag in her hands. She was just running past us when she realized it was me. She turned back around with a look on her face that was hard to read.

"Kay?", she stumbled.

"Yeah", I said and couldn't hold back my annoyance.

"You're never home. Where you at all the times? I tried to call you", she said and looked to me with piercing eyes.

Ever wonder why I won't talk to you?, I thought and rolled my eyes.

"Was busy", I said.

"Come on, what's the matter? I miss you", she said and I looked to Gwen who was so uncomfortable with this situation.

"I gotta go", I simply said, grabbed Gwen and went into the coffee place.

"What the fuck, Kay?", I heard Lara yell after me but I didn't turn around and got Gwen to follow me through the crowded place right to the restroom.

"You're not talking to her?", Gwen asked and I told her what was going on. All the rage was filling me up again. After that scene between Chad and Keanu and the big fight, she didn't chose sides. She didn't tell Keanu what happened. She didn't break up with him. She didn't call Chad back. She was just being so selfish. I never knew that side of hers. And now she was running out of that coffee place where the artsy people were supposed to hang and I couldn't help but think she was searching for her next victim again.

"I think I'm losing my best friend", I said and tears started streaming down my face.

Gwen took me into a hug. "Hey babes, you've still got me. And I know you've got so much amazing friends that love you so much."

"Why doesn't Lara love me anymore? Why is she being like that?", I asked.

"Oh hun, I think she loves you. You gotta talk to her", Gwen said and I sighed. I wiped away the tears and grabbed that fucking coffee and the stuff from the tool shop. I was done and I suddenly felt so lonely again. Why couldn't John be around and make it all better?