Part Ninety-Three: Can't Control Myself

I put my arms around his neck and sighed. Do I really have to let this beautiful boy leave?

"Can't wait to have you with me", John said with a smirk on his face while stroking my cheek.

We were standing in front of the building the movie was set in. John's taxi was already waiting for him and I had to go to work.

I looked up to Rio approaching us with a wide grin. He wore his pizza man apron and had flour on his cheek. "C'mon lovebirds. Time to get some work done... At least you Kaya. Monica's asking for you", he said and I felt John's muscles stiffen under the touch of my hands.

"Go the hell back inside", he snapped and Rio raised his eyebrows pointing to his chest. "Me?"

"Yeah... you."

My eyes grew wide.

"What the..? What's up with you?", Rio spat back.

"I'm here with my girlfriend and she'll get inside as soon as she's ready... Now don't fucking talk to me, alright?"

I let my arms fall down from John's neck slowly. I was speechless. I felt like I was only an observer in this scene and helpless to do anything.

"Alright dude. Whatever", Rio said, put his hands in his pockets and jogged back inside.

"Fucker..", John mumbled in his direction.

I knit my brows. I didn't like what was going on at all.

"John.. what's wrong? Why did you talk to him like that? He's my friend."

"I don't give a fuck. He's not supposed to walk out here, call us lovebirds and shit. He's supposed to keep his fucking hands off of you", he said and gestured with his hands violently.

"What? He didn't touch me. John.. calm down."

He breathed deep through his nose and his nasal wings were quivering. Then he bit his lip and looked me in the eyes. "I'm sorry Kaya... I don't know what's it about him. I'm just so worried you'll become close when I'm not around. I love you so much. I don't want to lose you."

"Okay.. I understand.. somehow. But please.. just get to know him. He's nothing but a friend to me..", I said and took his hands.

He smiled hesitantly. "I'm sorry.. I really am. I hope you're not mad at me now? Can I kiss you?"

"Of course you can", I said and chuckled.

He placed his lips on mine. But our kiss got interrupted by the honking of the taxi driver that was waiting for John.

He took my face into his hands and fixed my eyes. "Okay, beautiful. I gotta go. I call you whenever I get to. Please talk to me when you're worried about anything. I don't want things like... you know... stand between us."

I nodded heavily and he smiled, planting lots of kisses on my mouth and pulling me into a tight hug. Then he fumbled in his pocket and held a key in front of my face. He took my hand, opened it and placed it inside my palms.

"What is this for?"

"The key to my heart", John said and raised his brows.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"It's for the cottage. Please just stay there whenever you like. You can decorate shit and stuff. Girls like that, right?", he said and poked my nose with his before giving me one last kiss.

I clenched the hand in which I was holding the key to a fist and watched the taxi drive past me with John inside. When he was gone, I noticed the hurt in my hand and opened it to see the mold the key left in my skin.

I slowly let myself sink and sat on the curb. I looked to the key and in the direction John had left. He was crazy for buying the cottage and crazy for giving me the keys, too. And what was that scene with Rio about? It was confusing me a lot.

When I was trying to figure all of this out, I noticed Rio coming up to me, sitting down next to me. "Hey.. I'm really supposed to get you in there", he nervously said and fixed his eyes on the building. Then he looked to me and scratched his head. "Um.. are you okay? You didn't fight because of me or anything.. right? I didn't really get what was his problem."

"No.. it's alright. He likes you", I lied and put a fake smile on.

Rio raised a brow and I could tell he didn't buy it.

"Aha.. well.. will you come with me?"

"Yeah."

John's POV

I banged my head against the window of the taxi a couple of times. I was feeling so stupid. Why had I made such a scene? What was wrong with me?

The driver looked across to me a couple of times as if I was a fucking sicko. I shook my head and smiled to him which didn't make it any better. He quickly looked away. Man.. he must be fearing for his life. Sicko me.

I didn't hate River though. In fact, I really enjoyed him around me because he was always being so calm and smart. I knew Flea loved hanging with him. Maybe that was it about him. He was good-looking, smart, chill. All the girls loved him because of his movies and he was into music, too. 

He was scaring me. I had already fucked up so many times with Kaya. But he seemed so flawless. I guess he'd have never done anything like that if he was her boyfriend. What if she starts seeing it that way? You can't expect me to believe he's not keen on her..

I tried to shake the thought off of me as we picked up Flea and head to the airport. 

The last days were so beautiful.. just try to prove her you're the right one.